Tours to do in Belize?

gazingm42

We booked a trip last night for a cruise to include belize next week. We have

2 kids 8 and 10. This will the kids 4th cruise so they becoming season cruises.

We not huge fans on purchasing the cruise ships excursions, due to over prices, etc, etc. We read losts of different things to do but are concern on the height

and age limits.

We seen the canpoy zip rids but concern on there an age limit or the kids freaking out once they got there.

Same issue with tubing in the caves with the kids.

We not really interested in the tour of the city. But doing trips to the rain forest and atv or buggy trips.

Do you all have any sugguestion on what to take the kids on?

Best where do book these ahead of time?

We went to Smugglers Run plantation and went horseback riding in the jungle with Trevor and Cathy. We really enjoyed it! You can look at the Smugglers Run or horseback riding in jungle threads over the next 2-3 pages or do a thread search on Smuggler Run to get some good ideas how people feel about it. Here is a link to a more detailed report and pictures I took. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...73&postcount=4

I hope to go back soon.

Hola,

My first recommendation is cavetubing, but if you are afraid that the kiddies will freak, you might try a tour to Bannister Island or take the water taxi to Caye Caulker. You can book the Bannister Island trip at the tender pier through Fab Tours. A trip to the island runs about $35 pp and if you want to include the reef snorkel it is about $50pp but I don't know about the kiddie price. Nice island and good snorkel. Take lots of film. It is gorgeous.

For Caye Caulker, you can do a google and get the taxi schedule and prices. We will probably do this the next time that we go to Belize.

Archived