Carnival Launches Contest to Name Spa Aboard Carnival Splendor

Flip2cruise

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/splendorspa_contest.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/STATIC_TEMPLATES/PROMOS/SPLENDOR/spa/default.aspx

May 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Carnival Cruise Lines is holding a contest to name the new Carnival Splendor's luxurious 21,000-square-foot health spa, the largest and most elaborate in the "Fun Ship" fleet, which will bring an entirely new dimension to the seagoing spa experience.

Offering a host of innovations, the expansive facility will take personal pampering to a new level with such features as Carnival's first spa staterooms and suites, a thalassotherapy pool, thermal suite, and a diverse menu of Middle Eastern and Asian therapies administered in spacious, modern treatment rooms.

The grand prize will be a cruise for two in a Carnival Splendor spa suite including complimentary spa services for the entire voyage. Carnival's "Name Our Most Spectacular Spa Ever" contest asks consumers to help find a name befitting the truly exceptional elegance of this sophisticated haven of relaxation and rejuvenation.

Representing a new class of vessel for the line, the 3,006-passenger Carnival Splendor is slated to debut in July 2008 operating Carnival's first Northern Europe cruise program.

"Carnival Splendor will be a wonderful addition to the 'Fun Ship' fleet, highlighted by a spectacular health and fitness center that will provide our guests with unprecedented levels of pampering and relaxation. It's only fitting that a name be chosen that embodies the many exciting features of this truly magnificent facility," said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Most Luxurious Spa in Carnival Fleet

Spanning the forward portion of two full decks with large picture windows providing panoramic sea vistas, Carnival Splendor's spa will also feature 68 exclusive spa staterooms and suites -- Carnival's first -- accessible by an exclusive stairway and private elevator. Including the spa cabins and suites, the Carnival Splendor's expansive health and wellness facility will encompass more than 40,000 total square feet.

Guests who book Carnival Splendor's spa accommodations will receive a number of exclusive amenities and privileges, including unlimited use of the facility, thalassotherapy pool and thermal suite, priority spa appointments with a pre-cruise concierge consultation, complimentary fitness classes, and special Carnival Splendor spa logo towels, bathrobes, and slippers for use during the cruise. One-of-a-kind Carnival Splendor in-stateroom amenity items, along with personal yoga mats and fitness bands for use during the cruise, are also included.

Prominently positioned within the spa will be a thalassotherapy pool where guests can immerse themselves in ionized water heated to an ideal temperature, while pulsating water massage jets create a feeling of total serenity.

Adjacent to the pool will be a Thermal Suite consisting of four climate- controlled rooms, each of which is set to varying degrees of warmth and coolness and then infused with soothing essences of eucalyptus, rosemary, lavender and other aromas to leave guests feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

Extensive Menu of Therapies, Expansive Treatment Rooms

The spa will offer a sophisticated menu of exotic Asian, Middle Eastern and European-style therapies, including several new options. Treatments will take place in 17 private treatment rooms, which include two VIP facilities exclusively for couples.

In addition, the Carnival Splendor's spa will feature a post-treatment area where guests can relax on Asian-style beds while enjoying stunning sea views. Carnival Splendor's spa also includes a complete state-of-the-art gymnasium with Lifecycle exercise equipment, including treadmills and weight training, stair climbing, and rowing machines.

A beauty salon offering complete hair and nail services and various products, along with a men's barber/grooming area, a teeth-whitening venue, and special areas for manicures and pedicures round out the spa's wide-ranging facilities and amenities.

Carnival Splendor dining rooms will also feature the line's recently updated Spa Carnival Fare selections, healthy gourmet-style menu items that are lower in fat, calories, cholesterol and fat content.

Exciting European, Caribbean Itineraries

Carnival Splendor is slated to debut July 13, 2008, with a series of 12- day Northern Europe cruises from London (Dover) through Aug. 30, followed by a schedule of 12-day Mediterranean cruises from Rome (Civitavecchia) through Oct. 17, 2008. The ship will then sail on a trans-Atlantic crossing departing Rome (Civitavecchia) Oct. 29 and arriving Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Nov. 14, positioning the vessel for a series of seven-day exotic Caribbean cruises from that port beginning Nov. 22, 2008.

'Name Our Most Spectacular Spa Ever' Contest Details

To be eligible for Carnival's "Name Our Most Spectacular Spa Ever" contest, participants must submit their suggestion via an entry form available on the micro-site created for Carnival Splendor, carnival.com/splendor. All entries must be received between May 18 and June 15, 2007, to qualify. The grand prize is non-transferable and has no cash value.

The contest is open to legal residents of the United States and participants must be at least 21 years old to enter. Entries will be judged by a panel of Carnival executives and the winner will be notified within 30 days of the end of the contest period In the case of duplicate winning entries, the entrant who first submitted the winning entry, based on date and time received, will be selected. Void where prohibited by law. Certain other restrictions apply. Additional rules are posted on carnival.com/splendor.

Carnival is currently accepting reservations on all of the Carnival Splendor's various European and Caribbean itineraries.

• 1 month later...
Must be me but when I log onto Carnival I can't find the Splendor site or picture you are showing.

Click on Fleet of Ships, then on Splendour, somewhere in the paragraph is a blue highlighted deal about the spa. That is where I found the poll with the top 11 names. Cloud Nine is winning hands down, but that wasnt my name. I sent in Infinity.

It is Fun Ships, then Splendour, the spa in blue, then on the left side of that window, poll is in blue.

I knew how to get to the fleet and then find splendor but after that I don't see anything to get beyond that point. Just being silly (hopeful) but I was looking for any one of my submissions lol! See if you can tell me why I can't find it. I am pretty good with this stuff usually.

I knew how to get to the fleet and then find splendor but after that I don't see anything to get beyond that point. Just being silly (hopeful) but I was looking for any one of my submissions lol! See if you can tell me why I can't find it. I am pretty good with this stuff usually.

Here are the names:

Ahh Spa

Cloud Nine

DreamSpa

Glow

Grand SPA Carnival

Heavenly Escape

Serendipity

Spa Spectacular

Sublime

Sweet Escape Spa

Utopia

Here are the names:

Ahh Spa

Cloud Nine

DreamSpa

Glow

Grand SPA Carnival

Heavenly Escape

Serendipity

Spa Spectacular

Sublime

Sweet Escape Spa

Utopia

Thanks I just found it. I like Utopia myself but Cloud Nine is good too. There must be 11 pretty excited people out there waiting to hear the good news!

Just noticed that if you click on the 'View Video' on their spa page, it lists it as SPLENDID SPA.

As dms ponted out:

*Poll is for entertainment purposes only. Winner of Carnival’s Name Our Most Spectacular Spa Ever contest is determined by Carnival Cruise Lines.

Any news on a winner of the spa contest yet? The winner was supposed to be chosen by this coming weekend.

Cloud 9 Spa Selected from More Than 24,000 Entries As Name For Luxurious Health Club on New Carnival Splendor

MIAMI (July 16, 2007) – “Cloud 9 Spa” has been selected as the name for the luxurious 21,000-square-foot health and fitness facility aboard Carnival Cruise Lines’ new 113,300-ton Carnival Splendor, which is scheduled to launch the line’s first Northern Europe cruise program July 13, 2008.

The name was submitted by Gregg Harper of Aurora, Colo., as part of Carnival’s “Name Our Most Spectacular Spa” contest that attracted more than 24,000 entries.

For his creativity in naming the elaborate new facility, Harper will receive a complimentary cruise for two in one of Carnival Splendor’s exclusive spa suites, as well as complimentary spa services throughout the entire voyage.

“Carnival Splendor’s spa promises to be the most elaborate and luxurious at sea and the name ‘Cloud 9 Spa’ truly embodies the feeling of pampering, relaxation and rejuvenation that guests will experience within this spacious and modern facility,” said Christine Arnholt, Carnival’s vice president of marketing services.

Spanning the forward portion of two full decks with large picture windows providing panoramic views of the sea, Carnival Splendor’s “Cloud 9 Spa” will offer a host of innovations, including 68 exclusive spa staterooms and suites – a first for the line – accessible by a private elevator.

Also featured will be a soothing Thalassotherapy Pool covered by a glass dome and featuring heated ionized water and pulsating water jets, along with an elaborate Thermal Suite comprised of four climate-controlled rooms with varying degrees of warmth and coolness.

Guests who book the spacious spa staterooms and suites adjacent to the “Cloud 9 Spa” will receive a number of exclusive amenities and privileges, including unlimited access to the spa and its facilities, priority spa appointments with pre-cruise concierge consultation, use of special “Cloud 9 Spa” logo items such as bathrobes, towels and slippers during the cruise, and complimentary fitness classes. Custom-designed “Cloud 9 Spa” in-stateroom amenity items, as well as personal fitness bands and yoga mats, are also available for use during the cruise.

Seventeen private treatment rooms, including two VIP facilities just for couples, will serve as the venue for “Cloud 9 Spa’s” sophisticated and elaborate menu of soothing and exotic Asian, Middle Eastern, and European-style therapies. A post-treatment area where guests can relax on Asian-inspired beds amidst magnificent sea views will also be featured.

Rounding out the stunning facility will be a full gymnasium with expansive workout areas featuring the latest Lifecycle exercise equipment, including treadmills and weight training, stair climbing and rowing machines. A beauty salon with complete hair and nail services, a men’s barber/grooming area, teeth-whitening venues, and special areas for manicures and pedicures will also be featured.

Carnival Splendor will also offer a wide range of health-conscious dining options, including an extensive salad bar and 24-hour frozen yogurt in the Lido restaurant and gourmet-style selections in the main dining rooms that are lower in calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium.

Representing a new class of vessel for the line, Carnival Splendor is scheduled to debut from London (Dover) July 13, 2008, with a schedule of 12-day Northern Europe cruises – a first for the line. The ship will then sail on 12-day cruises to the Mediterranean and Greek Isles through October followed by a trans-Atlantic crossing from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., positioning the vessel for a series of seven-day Caribbean voyages.

Carnival Splendor will then embark on a new series of 14- to 18-day South America cruises before redeploying to Long Beach, Calif., for year-round seven-day Mexican Riviera voyages, continuing the expansion of the line’s West Coast operations.

Reservations are currently being accepted for Carnival Splendor’s various European, Caribbean, South American and Mexican Riviera departures.

Archived