Standards on Black Watch

Going on Black Watch in September and worried about recent poor reviews on various sites. Standards seem to be dropping? We are lucky enough to be in a Premier Suite. Would like to know what these cabins are really like and whether or not we get any freebies.

white duck

• 1 month later...

Hi White Duck,

My husband and I sailed on the Black Watch on a Mini Cruise at the end of March. We were in a balcony suite which we were very happy with. It had a separate bedroom which was nice with an extremely spacious living area with endless wardrobes. Looking at the deck plan and the size of the ship I think some of the layouts may vary. This was our first time with Fred Olsen so cannot compare with 'the past' but we were very happy with the whole experience. We had a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine in our cabin when we arrived together with canapes and a pot plant. The canapes were repeated each afternoon which was a nice touch. We liked the smaller ship which had a more intimate feel and found the food, entertainment and service all of a high standard. The organisation at Southampton and at all ports we visited was extremely smooth. Hope this helps.

Mounty

Archived