Cape Liberty cars sprayed with something??? Anyone parked there recently?

rpmljm

I read a post from September that said some cars parked in the parking lot at Cape Liberty were sprayed with something that would not come off completely. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it still happening?

Also, how secure do you feel the lot is for leaving your car for 9 days?

Thanks!

Laurie

I read a post from September that said some cars parked in the parking lot at Cape Liberty were sprayed with something that would not come off completely. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it still happening?

Also, how secure do you feel the lot is for leaving your car for 9 days?

Thanks!

Laurie

The lot is very secure. From what I understand the spraying problem has been solved. The embarkation system at Cape Liberty has always been fast and easy for us. Much easier than the other port's we've sailed out of. The port is only a 15 minute cab ride from Newark Airport. The link to the port's web site is below.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/

• 1 month later...
The lot is very secure. From what I understand the spraying problem has been solved. The embarkation system at Cape Liberty has always been fast and easy for us. Much easier than the other port's we've sailed out of. The port is only a 15 minute cab ride from Newark Airport. The link to the port's web site is below.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/

We'll be sailing from Cape Liberty in August, and will be driving our car to the port. I've read so many posts about the overspraying problem. Even if the the parking company or the drydock are taking responsibility, there is the inconvenience of getting the damage fixed to deal with. Does anyone have definite information about whether or not the problem has been solved? I read last year about people buying some kind of inexpensive plastic tarp to put over their car to prevent it from being damaged by the overspray. Where do you get these covers?

You can get a car cover in any auto parts store, sears, or even costco. As far as the overspray problem. I believe it was from the dry dock where the aircraft carrier Intrepid was being repainted, it was moved to Staten Island about 3 weeks ago, so I don't think it's a problem any more.

You can get a car cover in any auto parts store, sears, or even costco. As far as the overspray problem. I believe it was from the dry dock where the aircraft carrier Intrepid was being repainted, it was moved to Staten Island about 3 weeks ago, so I don't think it's a problem any more.

The overspray problem dates from way before the Intrepid was moved there -- it is a long-standing problem from the drydock. Apparently many of the ships they refit need repainting, and the overspray frequently affected cars in the RCCL lots in the past.

Any updates on how they have remedied the problem?

We parked there on May 26th for a week and didn't have any problems with spray painting and our car.

Going on a cruise next month and thinking about leaving my car for the 5 night cruise. I read recently that the daily prices went up. Can you tell me how much it is to park daily? Is it hard to find where to go/park etc once you get there? Should I drop our luggage off first then park? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I would like to know about the port liberty conditions also. How much is costs....what to do with luggage? What fun stuff is inside the cruise terminal...stuff like that. We plan on getting there at like 11am and hoping to get right on but just in case we have to sit around, ya know.

Archived