Tell Me Wonderful Things About Crown!

Hi Kids!

We've only sailed on the "big" ships so far and we have a booking for the Crown in October for Bermuda. She wouldn't have been our first choice, but our dearest, most treasured friends are going, ergo, we are THERE!:D

I've spoken recently to crew aboard the Pearl and Dawn about her and they mostly say she has a cozy (should I read that as cramped?)feeling, that the crew is fabulous (natch)

So, to those of you who have enjoyed the hospitality of Crown as passengers, please tell me what we have to look forward to besides a week of fun with the Fools and beautiful Bermuda.....

Thanks in advance.

Laurel...the Crown is a great little ship. The dining options are not as plentiful as many of the other NCL ships. But, be prepared for a very poor excuse of a buffet line.

The night life is pretty good with many of the typical NCL activities. I have no doubt you will have a great time.

Hopefully Captain Emil Holthe is still aboard and you get a chance to meet him. He is an incredibly charming man. The crew in general are very friendly and have even more of that family feel that we love about NCL crews.

What type of cabin are you in? If you are in an owners suite you will have plenty of room for in-suite dining for 4-6 people.

PE

We were on the crown last october and are returning again this october , thats how much we enjoyed it.

I've been on the Grand Princess and also RCCL'S explorer of the seas, 2 BIG ships. Then the Crown, the tiny little gem of a ship.

I LOVED it. I loved the small intimate feel that the crown has. I / we didn't have one complaint whatsoever.

We enjoyed each and every meal we had, we REALLY enjoyed LeBistro. We're going to make reservations twice this go around. We ate in chop sticks and that was ok, nothing fantastic but if you leave hungry you go elsewhere to eat...

The pool area was small but you have the gorgous beaches in bermuda. The only time the pool area was a bit crowded was the day sailing to and the day sailing back until it got to chilly again Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

The shows were great, I had a nice pina colada daily by the pool and enjoyed it alot, right as you go into the buffet restaurant from the pool area (right door) there is ice cream there all afternoon which my B/F enjoyed many times....

The chocolate buffet was amazing, be in line before 3:00 otherwise the line was neverending.... We were right up front .

The crew was very friendly ,

Bermuda is just beautiful. Horseshoebay was our favorite beach. We did alot of walking instead of riding, we explored on our own which was fun. Have a zillion pictures and so glad I took so many. Nothing better than making memories to look back on.

We had a basic inside cabin, nothing fancy but we slept/showered in there...

We used the ferry and bus once and it was a breeze, otherwise we walked.

Plenty of transportation, bus,ferry,taxi, horse and carriage rides etc...

They also have the dine ashore program if you choose to eat lunch or dinner in Bermuda instead of the ship. You pay $5.00 p/person for lunch or $10.00 p/person for dinner. You get vouchers on the ship, if you don't use them turn them in or you get charged for them.

What else can I answer for you ?

We didn't have a problem with the buffet at all. But every cruise is different. A few of my friends have been on the crown seperate times and also had great things to say... I hope you will as well.

Go in with a great attitude that you'll have a great time and you will..

Write a review when you return. You have something wonderful to look forward too.

Enjoy.

What "family cruisers" said!

I loved the Crown so much, I'm sailing her again before she's sold. She's my favorite ship.

Don't think "cramped"-- she's not. In fact, the cabins are more spacious than on most cruise ships.

Things I love about the Crown:

- She "feels" like a cruise ship and looks like one too.. not like one of those behemouth floating glass neon boxes

- She's not crowded

- You don't have to wait in line for meals

- There are less passengers, so you get to know people because you see them throughout the cruise

- You never get lost

- You don't have to wait forever to get an elevator

- There are more "outdoor" deck areas to sit and watch the ocean

- You can get on and off the ship more easily

- She can get in ports the larger ships can's squeeze in to-- that's why you can go to three ports in Bermuda while most of the others only do two

- You can always find a deck chair

- There's piped in music on your console that even plays in the bathroom, so you can shower to Bach

Let me respond to your brilliant question:) I've never sailed the Crown but I've been on the Majesty twice. For a comparison I've also sailed the Dawn 3 times. I wasn't crazy about the Majesty itself. I found there wasn't enough for the kids to do especially on rainy days. But I love Bermuda so it was a trade off. Besides, we couldn't go camping for the price I got on my last Majesty cruise. But if I was sailing without the kids one of the smaller ships would be my first choice. Its easy to get around, by the second day you know everybody and the staff is excellent. So, I think I will try the Crown for my 20th anniversary (even if DH can't come:D )

Hey there,,,, haven't you ever heard "Size isn't everything!" ;) I have sailed mostly on the Dawn, but to Bermuda we've gone on the Zenith and once on the Crown. The Crown was smaller yes , food was good, didn't see any baloney roll-ups on the appetizer offerings. The shows were fine, again smaller stage and lower ceilings led to a limited amount of what the shows could offer. This is not a ship I would take children on. This really is a ship that someone could easily go overboard on. No plexi around the railings (at least back in '05 there wasn't) But responsible adults should have no problem with this. I went with a group of 12-14 women..left our hubbies, boyfriends, SO's home! The Crown got us to Bermuda and back home and we had a wonderful time. We'll be going on the Crown again this September. She's a fine ship, she'll take care of you.

Archived