Post-cruise Car Rental

Jade's Fire

Hi,

We'll have some time to kill after our NCL cruise before we need to be at the airport and we were thinking of going to Pearl Harbor. What would be the easier way to do this, considering we'll have luggage along (we're on a Canadian carrier so don't qualify for Easy Fly)? NCL and Roberts Hawaii both have excursions or should we rent a car for the day? If so can we get one near the pier and drop it off later at the airport?

Thanks

We took the NCL excursion to Pearl Harbor so our luggage was with us on the tour bus. We were dropped at the airport at around 2 pm and immediately checked in. We then hung around the airport until our 8:30 flight :cool: .

If I had it to do over again, I would still take the NCL tour but would have arranged for a car rental at the airport at 2 pm. This would give us a several hours to hang out in Honolulu. I liked the tour -- we saw the highlights of Honolulu and drove through the Punchbowl Cemetery (which I wouldn't have visited on my own). Having taken the tour in the morning, I would have an idea of the places to which I would want to return.

I'm heading to hawaii June 8, 2007 and departing on that 7 day cruise from honolulu june 11th. Thought about going thru ncl's desk for excursion, but since i'm still kinda young enough I decided to rent a car and go to pearl h arbor myself with my family and friends. Heard it's free with donation in the bucket per se. Going thru robert's and other tour guides it's fine, but you're paying for the bus and tips.

Good Luck,

Pete

Archived