America's Cup Regatta- have you been?

The America's Cup is amazing!!!

There were a couple of nine year olds on ours that we're fairly irritating though. They kept asking "did we win, did we win". This went on for about an hour.

We did in fact win, however the joy is in the experience.

Does anyone know the age limit offhand? I have a 8 and 9 year old who would love this but wasn't sure if this was a 12+ excursion or not. Thanks

I don't know if there is an age limit but it probably isn't safe for children to be on the boat. There are lot moving parts when you are out there and it would be very easy for someone to get seriously hurt.

I went on this excursion a few years ago and was a wench wench. I can't wait to go again. To answer a few questions: Yes there is a restroom available on the pier before you get on the boat. I recommmend a visit. The Teva's will be great. Your feet will get wet and a non-slip shoe is important. Book as soon as you can. And most important, enjoy.

Does anyone know the age limit offhand? I have a 8 and 9 year old who would love this but wasn't sure if this was a 12+ excursion or not. Thanks

It is a 12+ excursion unless the children have had a lot of sailing experience.

I have done this twice and will do it again in January. Without a doubt the best excursion I have ever done. Word of caution is don't do it if you get seasick, takes the fun out of it.

DS and I will never, ever forget the wonderful experience this excursion offered us.

Teva's are perfect. ANd, if the seas are good for racing (and they there were the day we were there), be prepared to get totally wet. But, the sun is hot and the drinks are cold, so it is just a lot of fun. A t-shirt over a bathing suit is fine.

I recommend getting involved. Be a wench witch, my teenie tiny wife was one and we worked together and laughed. The work comes in spurts, so you are not wenching all of the time.

This was years ago and we still speak of it. My dad accompanied us and it is a day we will never forget.

However, if you wish to tour the island, there will not be sufficient time after the race for a lot of touring. IMHO, do it anyway. This is a rare opportunity to experience something really special and you will not regret it.

When we return to St Martin, we will do it again.

Dolby1000

Archived