Flying Los Angeles to Vancouver

Hello. We've just booked an August Alaska sailing on the Celebrity Infinity departing out of Vancouver so this will be the first of many times I throw myself on the mercy of you experts! Thanks in advance. May I start with 2 questions?

I beginning to look at non-stop flights either Burbank-Vancouver (am not sure there are any) or LAX-Vancouver and they seem more $$ than LAX-Seattle. We could take the train from Seattle to Vancouver which might be fun on the front end, but on the back end I'm thinking we'll want to get on a plane and go home. Plus by the time you transport from Seatac to the train both ways + train fare I'm not sure we'll save enough $$ to make it worthwhile. Any advice on best airline rates LA-Vancouver?

Secondly, I've never used Priceline as we typically have a hotel in mind when we travel. But we'll probably be spending a day and a half in Vancouver just to see the main sights and not stress for the sailing - so this is a situation where we might not care about the hotel - as long as it's nice and well-situated to the port. Can you please tell me what region of Vancouver on Priceline you'd request for the port? Thanks so much.

I would definately check Alaska Airlines often. We flew with them last year from LAX and saved $100 pp by changing planes in Seattle to a little prop job instead of taking the non-stop flight. The flight was very scenic (lower altitute) and the plane was more comfortable then we had flown to Seattle.

Tammy

• 4 weeks later...

We have a similar problem in that we are on Celebrity repositioning cruise that ends in San F in Sept. and have to get home to Vancouver from there.

However you are right there is quite a difference in airfare LAX - YVR vs LAX - SEA. For your information if you wish to use the SEA routing there is an airport shuttle bus that connects Vancovuer with SEA with 5 scheduled runs per day. Cost is approx $48. CA one way and it takes about 3.5 hours to downtown Vancouver. Company is called Quick Shuttle http://www.quickshuttle.com and they pick up right at the cruise ship dock and deliver you to SEA for afternoon flights on your return form your cruise. You might want to do the train one way and Quick shuttle on the way home.

For me on our return I am paying the extra for a direct flight into YVR

Archived