Photo Question and Bar Question

Dannzzigg

A couple of questions, if you please. I am sailing on the Inspiration 8/29

I have read in the welcome aboard booklet that the ship offers one day development for photos at a "competetive price". Does anyone remember how much it was? How was the quality? Can they develope them to a CD?

Also, how good are the bartenders? Has anyone ever stumped them with their drink of choice? My all-time favorite is a Red Devil, yet I have only been able to find two or three bartenders that make them 'right'. Apparently there are several recipes out there for completely different drinks with the same name. If I were to bring the recipe, would a 'tender make it for me? Anyone ever done this?

Thanks!

I can only comment on the bartenders. They all make the same drink different. My group did Lemon Drop Shots at the end of the cruise we were all surprised how many versions of the shot there were. If you tell them how to make your favorite drink they will no problem!!! Enjoy:D

If memory serves me right, the photos run from $10 - $20 each depending on the size and whether or not it's formal night. Most or all of the formal night photos are 8 x 10's which are the most expensive. The drinks are definitely different at every bar, but they do take suggestions along with tips :)

You actually still have a film camera (lol). I remember the developing to be expensive as opposed to Sam's or Costco, but similar to your local camera store, closer to $10. per roll. Or, you could take 100 digital pictures, download them to your laptop, delete about 90 of them, and save the good ones to "my Carnival Cruise". Once you go digital you'll never go back!

I took a look at the Miracle Capers for June 2004 and on the fourth and fifth days they were offering 24 exposures developed plus a free Carnival album for $6.48. I think they offer specials on days when they are less busy (after Formal Night photos are posted).

I don't know if they so scanning to CD (probably not) but they do have a digital service to print photos from memory cards.

I remember seeing a single set of 24 prints for 6.99 or a number just under $7.

They also do CD's.... we had one made of our wedding photo's on-board, so I'm sure it's available for anyone.

I finally went 'digital' last week.. neat!! Whole new world.. :)

After what I spent on film and developing this past April, I could have had a really nice down payment on my new Canon..!! and lots less clutter :eek:

Archived