Recommendations for Neutrally Buoyant Wetsuit

Cruise Gypsy

Does anyone have a recommendation for a light wetsuit that is neutrally buoyant? I do a lot of snorkeling in warm water and like to do a lot of free diving. I like to wear a dive skin to protect from sunburn, minor stings or scrapes. Also, sometimes the water is colder than you expect is to be. Any suggestions would be great?:rolleyes:

Take a look at Aeroskin products. They make regular diveskins, but also heavier polyolefin and lycra products. They work well, offer some thermal protection, some have built in hoods--I have a vest with a hood that is my favorite.

Another positive thing--they are great on the boat following a dive, not cold; and even when wet unaffected by wind. They are neutrally bouyant.

If you want the warmth of a true wetsuit, you simply need to add the approriate amount of weight to restore neutral B .....

Its not against the rules to wear a weight belt when snorkeling .... some of my best friends do it .....

Archived