Welcome home qld cruiser

karmac

Welcome home Lorraine & enybody else who disembarked from either the Sun or Star this morning. Hope yoiu had a wonderful time. (As if you wouldn't have:rolleyes: )

Karen

Welcome back everyone, who disembarked from the Star this morning.

but as I just viewed the webcam of the Star leaving Brisbane for it's next cruise, It seems to have just left, wonder why she left late?:confused:

There might be some unhappy people on board:mad:

but as I just viewed the webcam of the Star leaving Brisbane for it's next cruise, It seems to have just left, wonder why she left late?:confused:

You know, we left about 3 and 1/2 late on my Star Cruise last year (The first one to depart the new cruise terminal in Brisbane) and I was far from unhappy. Once you're on the ship, the party has started already, doesn't matter if you're moving or not. They'll just stoke up the boilers and go a bit faster to make up the time.

Actually she left right on time. This cruise was scheduled to leave at 4pm, and is unusual in that it goes slower to Noumea and has a whole day there, probably the first cruise departure from Brisbane to have a whole day stop there, and then continues on to Isle of Pines, Mystery Island before disembarking passengers in Auckland.

Welcome home Lorraine & enybody else who disembarked from either the Sun or Star this morning. Hope yoiu had a wonderful time. (As if you wouldn't have:rolleyes: )

Karen

Hi Karen....arrived home tonight....and did have a great time.

it was a bit rocky and rolly for the first few days, with quite a few sickies.

the shows with the ships entertainers were the best we have seen on P&O..the male singer was sooooo good. Michael Lindner.... unfortunately, they will finish before I go back on board in June. even though we have seen all the production shows many times, each group is different.... Demo is going on holidays in a couple of weeks and Dan Styne will be cruise director. Shona got on today for 1 cruise. the bingo was $7500..or more, a lady won it on her own, going to use the money on more cruises she said... that's good thinking.

Jackie Love was one of the guest stars...I can't remember the names of the magician or comedian. I really enjoyed Jackie Love.

The weather was kind to us with no rain. (everyone liked Pentecost Island ,and the vine jumpers.) ...... also the blue hole in Luganville.

we had a wonderful day at Mystery Island, great for swimming etc,

a few people were stung swimming at the Isle of Pines.

new buildings going up everywhere in Vila. real estate is very expensive there now...

I think Sydney should use the ticket system like Brisbane to embark.

it would be so much easier for everyone.

my cabin was on Main deck right down the front and I wondered what it would be like beforehand, no need to worry, it was great. noisy when we dropped anchor, but at least it had me out of bed early on port days..

we could get channel 9 most of the time, as well at the U.S channels etc.

but the movies on board were very average most days. what was on offer in the cabins were far superior. but who wants to spend hours in their cabin during the day....not me..

I didn't see many children during the cruise until they had their concert ....they came to the show lounge in droves.....so they must all like the childrens programs during the day. and they put on a good concert.

back home to reality now.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Welcome back and thanks for the quick report. I am one of the few that don't really like Demo. I quite like Dan, so I hope he will still be there when our cruise is up.

Hi adf,

thanks for the welcome back....,I haven't had a chance to see how you enjoyed your holiday over in the U.S and Mexico... so I really hope you had a great time.

I agree with you about Dan... I will be home again before your cruise, so I will let you know if he will still be on board.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Welcome home Lorraine

At this time in a month we will be waking to celebrate your birthday!!! Well I will be waking - possibly already be awake as I beat the roosters up.

I hope Dan is on our cruise - We had 3 cruises with him and I enjoy his wit. I like Demo but he was just taking the reins when we last saw him and was still a little green

What stinngers on Pines and any prevention tips apart from not swimming.

See ya soon

Di

Welcome home Lorraine

At this time in a month we will be waking to celebrate your birthday!!! Well I will be waking - possibly already be awake as I beat the roosters up.

I hope Dan is on our cruise - We had 3 cruises with him and I enjoy his wit. I like Demo but he was just taking the reins when we last saw him and was still a little green

See ya soon

Di

Hi Di, the cruise was good, good, good.

the best way to beat any stingers over there....at any port...is to wear a stinger suit. for safety.

a small boy I saw in the lift, had marks all over his arms, so I take it they were jellyfish.

regarding Demo...I think he is looking forward to his break, he was quieter than normal.

Dan is the best of the Australian cruise directors.....everyone else has tried to be like him, some do a good job, others have failed.... some people think he is stand offish, they are wrong. He is a nice guy.

the cruise director on the Star...Chris Nichols does a great job also.

We stayed the night before cruise at the York apartments, and walked down to the ship next day. bit of a circus getting on..I think everyone is so hyped up for the trip, they want to be first on. can you blame them ???

getting off, was easy as. no hassles.

looking forward to the next cruise..... hope to meet up with you.

Dan is the best of the Australian cruise directors.....everyone else has tried to be like him, some do a good job, others have failed.... some people think he is stand offish, they are wrong. He is a nice guy.

the cruise director on the Star...Chris Nichols does a great job also.

Sorry Lorraine I have to disagree. While I like Dan & always enjoy the cruises he is on as CD, I have to say my pick of best CD's is Chris Nichol.

Although he is a Pom so maybe that eliminates him from the category of "best of the Australian cruise directors". We had Chris on the Star at Easter & I found him to be very personable!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Sorry Lorraine I have to disagree. While I like Dan & always enjoy the cruises he is on as CD, I have to say my pick of best CD's is Chris Nichol.

Although he is a Pom so maybe that eliminates him from the category of "best of the Australian cruise directors". We had Chris on the Star at Easter & I found him to be very personable!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi Charmain.....yes I did mean Dan was the best of Australian CD'S. " Pom ", Chris Nichol has it all...a lovely singing voice, personality. and runs great activities for the passengers.

It is also, very interesting to see so many Kiwis on cruise staff nowadays... !!! a sign of things to come.???

some are really good, but some are hard to understand...... six, sex.

hid, head etc... especially when you play Trivia... laughs aplenty though..

Hi Charmain.....yes I did mean Dan was the best of Australian CD'S. " Pom ", Chris Nichol has it all...a lovely singing voice, personality. and runs great activities for the passengers.

It is also, very interesting to see so many Kiwis on cruise staff nowadays... !!! a sign of things to come.???

some are really good, but some are hard to understand...... six, sex.

hid, head etc... especially when you play Trivia... laughs aplenty though..

Ohh Lorraine...be nice on our Kiwi accent!!! Lol

Apparently I get told I have a strong Kiwi accent whenever we are in OZ I hate saying six and fish and chips as I get hassled a lot!!! icon9.gif

Funny...esp when they say..."are you on holiday from NZ??"....not hard to guess!!!icon10.gif

I wonder if we will have Chris Nichol on the Star when we leave in just over 2 weeks??? Sounds like he will be great!!!

Cheers

Kelli

Ohh Lorraine...be nice on our Kiwi accent!!! Lol

Apparently I get told I have a strong Kiwi accent whenever we are in OZ I hate saying six and fish and chips as I get hassled a lot!!! icon9.gif

Funny...esp when they say..."are you on holiday from NZ??"....not hard to guess!!!icon10.gif

I wonder if we will have Chris Nichol on the Star when we leave in just over 2 weeks??? Sounds like he will be great!!!

Cheers

Kelli

Hi Kelli, I hope you do get Chris Nichol...he is very professional.

and have a great cruise....

regarding Kiwis.....my gg grandparents arrived in NZ from Wales in 1853.

my grandfather was the only member of the family to come to OZ to live.

so I have many distant relations over there. some I keep in contact with, and visit.

but, I still find it hard to understand the accent...:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome home Lorraine

See ya soon

Di

Hi Di, friends got off Sun yesterday....heard some stories about the trip from Brisbane to Sydney with the rough seas...:eek:

I believe that the front cabins had some damage inside...tv's falling etc.

someone fell over and broke her ankle.

Dan Styne was getting off yesterday, so I don't know who will be our CD.

looking forward to the cruise next sunday, kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

I am disappointed Dan got off as I was looking forward to his wit.

Ah not worried about weather we came back in the cyclone of May 74 and I was lucky enough to be one of the 80 still standing.

I loved that front bar on the Fairstar in bad weather it was fun riding up and down the waves. Can you remember the name of it?

We are in chaos here - lots of our garrage stuff looks wrecked - much electrical stuff. Poor hubby is shovelling mud and will be all day.

Some parts of Newcastle and the Hunter look like a war zone. The poor souls near rivers are bracing themselves -some banks have already broke.

There are so many suburbs without power- one of our kids and my sister in law have none.

Where should we meet on the boat - as I'm new to the Sun perhaps you could suggest a place. We are dining early but as yet have no dining room or cabin allocation - I thought they allocated around 11 days before embarkation. I am planning of being on the verandah deck for the harbour departure. I am going to have plenty to rug up with just in case.

Only 7 more sleeps - it's less than 3 years since we last cruised but it seems like an eternity.

My email is dialsims@kooee.com.au if you want to contact me

Di

Ah not worried about weather we came back in the cyclone of May 74 and I was lucky enough to be one of the 80 still standing.

I loved that front bar on the Fairstar in bad weather it was fun riding up and down the waves. Can you remember the name of it?

We are in chaos here - lots of our garrage stuff looks wrecked - much electrical stuff. Poor hubby is shovelling mud and will be all day.

Some parts of Newcastle and the Hunter look like a war zone. The poor souls near rivers are bracing themselves -some banks have already broke.

There are so many suburbs without power- one of our kids and my sister in law have none.

Where should we meet on the boat - as I'm new to the Sun perhaps you could suggest a place. We are dining early but as yet have no dining room or cabin allocation - I thought they allocated around 11 days before embarkation. I am planning of being on the verandah deck for the harbour departure. I am going to have plenty to rug up with just in case.

Only 7 more sleeps - it's less than 3 years since we last cruised but it seems like an eternity.

Di

Hi Di, have sent e-mail your address,

I go into cruise withdrawal if I can't go a few times a year.

It is a lovely view going under the Sydney Harbour on any ship.

Di

Hi again Di, I will take 2 regarding Dan Styne....friend said he got off, but now they are not sure if he just went home for the day, or got off.

sorry about that....I hope he is still on.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd bump this rather than start a new one:p .

welcome home Lorraine & Di and anyone else who got off the Sun this morning. Hope you had a lovely time.

Karen

Just thought I'd bump this rather than start a new one:p .

welcome home Lorraine & Di and anyone else who got off the Sun this morning. Hope you had a lovely time.

Karen

Hi Karen, I got home at 9pm tonight and I am b......d. was up at 4am.

Didi will probably mention it also. the hot and cold water was switched off between the hours of 1am and 5am this morning whilst they did work....... well , the banging I am sure kept everyone awake. on all decks.

We had a great time otherwise.....then I always do.

It was lovely to meet Didi and her husband Allen (or Alan), sorry Didi. .. we met in the library the first sea day, and recognised each other straight away. we have a lot of similar tastes. especially trivia, ha ha. beat her.

I will write a report of sorts tomorrow after having a few hours sleep.

a bit of a downer ...getting to Sydney airport to find I had lost my new camera (several hundred dollars), I rang the ship straight away, but no-one had handed it in by afternoon. I have to ring head office in the morning. hope I get it back as it had photos of a waiter a cruise critic wanted.

great holiday, but happy to be home tonight... now looking at an August or September cruise again on the Sun. Demo will be back then, but Dan did a great job. New dancers are all English I think..

You don't have much luck with cameras do you Lorraine?:)

Kare

Hi Karen, this one was my fault. last time my husband's.

I am usually so careful with my things....oh well I have to face his taunts.

he will not let me live this one down because when he deleted everything, I told the world..

Archived