Train strike June 21-22

I've learned there is a 24 hour train strike in Italy set to start at 9 pm on June 21 continuing until 9 pm on June 22.

24 hours nationwide strike of railroaders and maritime personnel belonging to FS (Ferrovie dello Stato – State Railroads)

If you're planning to take the train that day, be aware that unless the strike is cancelled, you may not be able to and should make other arrangements. Ahh, the joys of travel. ;)

Here is the site (in Italian) with the info

and more info in English

:eek: I just spent all weekend figuring ou the trains, and touring on our own, etc. And of course this is the one day I'll be there.

Actually I do appreciate the post and I will monitor the website to look for a cancellation of the strike, which I guess is possible. But now I have to book the ship's transportation at a cost of $99 each versus about $14.00 for the rail pass each. :mad:

Here is the site (in Italian) with the info

What a lovely concept: a government website to announce the times when the services that government department provides will be unavailable due to strike action by its own employees!

Dana, is that the date of the end of your cruise?

Ouch, sorry Annie! THis does work out nicely for the cruise line doesn't it?

Yes, Tom, that's our last day (and the day you'll board).

We've booked a shuttle to take us to Ciampino at a ridiculous (higher than the airfare) cost.

Our friends traveling with us had planned to train to Orvieto - perhaps they will have to rent a car instead.

How are you getting to the ship?

Usually and I do say usually...when the strikes are announced in advance they usually do not happen.It's the ones they call within minutes that really screw people up.I hope this is the usual case.....:D

Archived