Galv. restaurants in walking distance of port?

MrsAggie

I have family from Houston picking us up when we get back into port in Galveston. Since I'm not sure exactly what time we'll be getting off the ship I thought we might walk to a restaurant near by and call from there when we're ready. But with me and 2 teen girls we might have a bit of luggage.:rolleyes: Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Christy

I have family from Houston picking us up when we get back into port in Galveston. Since I'm not sure exactly what time we'll be getting off the ship I thought we might walk to a restaurant near by and call from there when we're ready. But with me and 2 teen girls we might have a bit of luggage.:rolleyes: Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Christy

There is a Starbucks right across the street at Harborside and 22nd St. I'm pretty sure they will be open. :)

Speculoos Patisserie & Cafe' is open for breakfast. It's half a block from the Strand and located at 216 23rd Street. You can easily walk here from the Port.

MellowMel is correct and Speculoos has great coffee and breakfast and is within walking distance. They have indoor & covered outdoor seating. If you have a lot of luggage you might still want to grab a taxi.

If you don't get off the ship until 11 AM then the restaurants next to the terminal should be open. The closest is Fisherman's Wharf, then Willie G's and Fud's (Fudrucker's) across the street from the terminal.

Thanks,

Christy

We usually stay on the ship for breakfast, call our kids to pick us up and by the time we go thru customs they have driven the 40 minutes or so and are there we when get out. :cool:

Archived