question about Cane Gardens beach

cruiselover11

Although they do show up in Cane Garden Bay occasionally since there is an operator renting them on and off, be aware, jetskis are illegal in the BVI. CGB has a large mooring field for charter boats and also can have a lot of activity with swimmers, dinghies, boats moving in and out, etc. Not the place jetskis should be operating, just an accident waiting to happen. Although I know there have been complaints about the ones that show up there, I don't know what, if anything, has been done about it.

You know..... I have read alot of treads about Brewers and Cane beaches, I can not make a decision . we have 2 18yr old boys, I can not find any independent vendor to take us snorkeling (besides Patouche), so we have desided to just relax on the beach for a few hours. I thought that if boys can ride jetski... they will be happy.

Do you know of any company that will take us snorkeling ( without the Bath's)?

Or which beach would you suggest that have motorized activities?

Thanks for your reply!

There is not a lot of "motorized" activities in the BVI. A quad runner tour is available on Jost Van Dyke. You would need to take the ferry from West End to get there.

As for the snorkeling, despite what has been posted on this board, Patouche IS a good company and does very nice snorkeling trips other than the Baths. You coould also try contacting Aristocat Charters out of Soper's Hole, they might have something for you. Their email is aristocat@surfbvi.com. Or Kuralu, also out of Soper's, they are at kuralucharters@surfbvi.com.

For the beach, 2 18yr old guys would probably prefer Cane Garden Bay if they are looking for activity as there will be more people and places to go, but the snorkeling from shore is better at Brewer's.

Archived