Beverages - soda, hot chocolate

HiMagicFan

I love the information provided on CC (thanks to everyone for generously sharing their information!).

I was wondering if the TP provides hot chocolate:no charge?

Also has anyone purchased the soda package for your room (cost about $10 for 6 cans) or the soda card? If the soda card, what is the approximate cost and is this good for B/L/D and Snacktime?

Mahalo

My DH frequently gets (got) hot choclate at breakfast and I don't remember there being a charge. If you're concerned, take along some packets of your favorite blend. Hot water is always available.

We do buy the soda card, but it's been three years since we were on the TP, so I can't tell you what the charge was. We were on the Pacific Princess this summer and the charge was $20 (approx). It's good for any time as long as you are ordering from a bar (or a waiter).

As to which one is more cost effective, it really depends upon how much soda you drink (or think you will).

Charlie

Thanks for your reply Charlie. This will be my second cruise (first on TP) ~ your information was really helpful.

I will pack my favorite packets just in case.

I want to also thank you for your tip on the card. It was helpful in my budgeting.

Mahalo.

Anything to help out a fellow Islander. Our favorite treat on the ship were the bunches of local fresh bananas that they hung at the end of the buffet. I know we can pick them fresh at home, but they somehow tasted better on the ship!

Charlie

Just back last night from our French Polynesia tour aboard the TP. We bought the soda cards and they are good anytime of the day. Cost was $40 a person. Try buying soda on land and you will see the value in this card. On disembarkation day we headed over to Moorea for four days and bought two 1-Liter bottles of diet Coke for about $15 US for both. Disgusting price but oh so delicious after a hot day. Anyways, if you drink 2-3 diets or other a day, the card is worth it.

Cheers..

Archived