Carnival Miracle Review From 5/11....longggggggg

mprucha

Wow, thank you so much for your review!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell me more about the over the door hanging pocket thing you brought for the bathroom? What is it like? How does it hook onto the door. I definitely need to get one and I don't know where to go to get it or what kind works best. Thanks!!!

I must have to say thanks for such a great review . I was wandering if you could email me the capers I have a 11 yr old and a 14 yr old and my oldest is 18 . I see you mentioned about putting your husband your daughter and you on one ss card can they do that for us. I dont want my kids going any where and surprising us with a hig bill at the end of our Cruise. We got a balcony room and a stateroom combined for 5 of us. I think we could of got a room for all 5 of us since were ao use to camping in close quarters. I cant wait till our cruise. I got it pd fro but i am trying to save enough money for all 5 of us. Has any one did the excursion with the dolphins my youngest loves them I was wandering how it went. I know in Sanjaun we are doing a kayack thing at night. My email address is rcent@comcast.net please email me soon .

Thanks Again you make Crusiing sound Exciting compare to soem of the stuff iread on the boards.

Cora:):):):):)

Sorry, I think I confused you. When I said I had put us all on one s&s card, I meant I used one credit card to attach to all of us but each person had their own s&s card in hand. However, you could always take the kids cards. This would prevent them from paying for things with them. You can also limit what they are allowed to purchase, amounts, etc.

:) I want to join everyone else in telling you what a great review! Thanks for taking the time to let us know all the doings for the week. If you were to guess, which night was prime rib night? And if you or anyone could give us all an idea of the menu for the week and which nights what was served? Really want to go to N&N's but don't want to miss anything good on the menu either.

Thanks again

Nancy

You have a BIG problem because every night has something good on the menu!! Prime rib is offered several different nights. I'll try and think tomorrow what foods were offered different nights and post them for you!

Wow, thank you so much for your review!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell me more about the over the door hanging pocket thing you brought for the bathroom? What is it like? How does it hook onto the door. I definitely need to get one and I don't know where to go to get it or what kind works best. Thanks!!!

This is an easy one.......lol. The over the door hanging thing is one of those shoe holders that is plastic and can hang on the back of the door. You can get them at like family dollar stores, walmart, big lots, etc for about $5. Normally you would put shoes in the little clear holders. There's usually about 20-24 clear pockets per holder. This is great to place on the inside of you bathroom door and you can place ALL the bathroom items you use often like toothbrushes, lint brush, odds and ends, those what if this happens things like small safety pins, etc., deoderant, you get the picture. Take you a 1 foot little bungee cord, wrap it through the holes in the plastic shoe holder and it will attach right to the back of the door, no problem.

And one more question! What time did you have to wake up on the last day to see the view of pulling into NY? Thank you so much. Your review has really gotten me excited about our July cruise!

I got up at 6am the day we pulled into San Juan, 6 am for St. Thomas, 5am for Tortola and 6 for NY. I'm one of these people that sleeps with the balcony open or the curtains open so I wake up that early and I can see through the mist, dark and fog the very far away beginnings of the outline of tiny islands and rocks, etc and I can't stand it. I have to get dressed, grab a camera and get on deck!

mprucha, did you have any beef dishes in the dining room? If so, can you tell me if they brought them the way you wanted them? I like my beef medium-well but sometimes restaurants make them way too rare or totally burnt.

Thanks.

Actually, there were 6 of us in at our table, myself, DH, DD, DS, and my parents. We all had beef at some point in the dining room. I like mine well done and it was always that way. My DH and son love theirs medium rare and that's how they got their's. My daughter likes hers well done and she was the only one that felt like it wasn't quite as well done as she would have liked it. My parents had no problems with theirs either! It was delicious!

Actually, there were 6 of us in at our table, myself, DH, DD, DS, and my parents. We all had beef at some point in the dining room. I like mine well done and it was always that way. My DH and son love theirs medium rare and that's how they got their's. My daughter likes hers well done and she was the only one that felt like it wasn't quite as well done as she would have liked it. My parents had no problems with theirs either! It was delicious!

Thanks. That is great news. :D Now I am going to have to have some beef dishes. I usually shy away from them because most places never make it to my liking and I don't like sending things back.

The room we had was large, 2 twins made a queen, then the sofa bed and pull down bunk bed...still had room to walk between the beds to the balcony even with the table there which we used a lot........several feet of space between bed and balcony doorway, even more on the other side. 2 tall hanging closets by one side of the bed with a shelf at the top of one.....LOTS of hanging room......4 large dresser drawers next to that with a large counter on top over which is the Tv/vcr player with a cabinet next to it. Next to sofa bed is desk with chair, mini frig and bar area....more cabinets here as well.....all the walls behind the bed and cabinet areas all glass. Then we had a separate vanity room with a vanity area, large mirror, outlet, dressing table, 4 more smaller drawers plus the center drawer. In this vanity room was also a tall hanging closet with top shelf high up and next to it, another one with very deep, very tall shelves.....then the bathroom had double sinks with lots of counter space, 6 mini shelves on sides of large mirror and 2 cabinets in the bottom each with 2 shelves that were large. ...jacuzzi tub/shower, plenty of bathroom space to move around even for 2 people if both getting ready.

I'll have pictures on a website this weekend of all the cruise pictures that DH is frantically working on due to all the requests and I'll post the site.

You did an awesome job describing the cabin. I know you will post photos this weekend but for those who can't wait :p here's some photos of cabin 6160, a category 11 on the Miracle.

Cabin 6160

100_0251.jpg

Bathroom

100_0254.jpg

Vanity/Dressing Area - full length closet (not shown) to the right.

100_0253.jpg

TV/VCR and closet area

100_0715.jpg

Thanks for posting these! As you can see from her pictures, the description I gave of the room and space is very accurate! Thanks for all the nice emails I've received from people about the review! For those of you who are still asking for the tip list, here's the email again!

anne@prucha.com

Thanks for posting these! As you can see from her pictures, the description I gave of the room and space is very accurate! Thanks for all the nice emails I've received from people about the review! For those of you who are still asking for the tip list, here's the email again!

anne@prucha.com

Anne, do you remember if that Music Boardwalk group played any slow dance songs also beside the rock and roll?

Yes they did actually. Now many of their songs are dance music that sparks the crowd but yes, they did slow things down sometimes. We danced for hours there! I can't wait to hear them again!

Guest Mary49

Anne, did they have a good crowd in there? I know on my Bermuda trip it was crowded. Imagine, these guys don't take any lessons they just play until they get it right. You sound like me now. I can't wait to see them next year sometime I hope. Mary49

I must have to say thanks for such a great review . I was wandering if you could email me the capers I have a 11 yr old and a 14 yr old and my oldest is 18 . I see you mentioned about putting your husband your daughter and you on one ss card can they do that for us. I dont want my kids going any where and surprising us with a hig bill at the end of our Cruise. We got a balcony room and a stateroom combined for 5 of us. I think we could of got a room for all 5 of us since were ao use to camping in close quarters. I cant wait till our cruise. I got it pd fro but i am trying to save enough money for all 5 of us. Has any one did the excursion with the dolphins my youngest loves them I was wandering how it went. I know in Sanjaun we are doing a kayack thing at night. My email address is rcent@comcast.net please email me soon .

Thanks Again you make Crusiing sound Exciting compare to soem of the stuff iread on the boards.

Cora:):):):):)

Your post caught my eye because our three children are also 11, 14, and 18 (well, a month from 18) and I was so hoping you'd be sailing with us, but I see you're cruising in August. I'm sure you can get the Kid Capers from Anne but I'll be sure to post how my kids enjoyed this cruise when we return. We leave in 2 1/2 weeks!!! It will be their first cruise and they are very excited.

Ok all, the website we're creating for all the cruise info, capers, tips and some of the 2100 pictures I took will be up by the end of the weekend! I've answered almost all the over 650 emails I've received so far and sent individual answers so keep looking for it soon! I'll post the website as soon as it's ready! In the meantime, if you still want something its anne@prucha.com

Ok all, the website we're creating for all the cruise info, capers, tips and some of the 2100 pictures I took will be up by the end of the weekend! I've answered almost all the over 650 emails I've received so far and sent individual answers so keep looking for it soon! I'll post the website as soon as it's ready! In the meantime, if you still want something its anne@prucha.com

Anne, I want to thank you and your husband so much for taking the time out of your busy lives to give us tips, comments and everything else about the Miracle. I really appreciate it so much and I'm looking so forward to seeing your website. :D

Thank you again!!!! :)

My turn will be coming next Monday.....Yahoodles!!!!!! :D:D

Sandi

If they didn't play any slow songs would you not go see them. Is that a deal breaker?

Fig, if you read my previous posts about the Music Boardwalk group, you will see that I'm quite a fan of Classic Rock.....all I asked was if they also play slow songs. What is your point??!!!! :rolleyes:

Wow Ann that is what I call going above and beyond the call!! Kudos to you for giving out the info that will help a lot of others enjoy their Miracle cruise to the fullest.

My thanks to you, and I can't wait to see your website so I can remember my Miracle cruise through another set of eyes!!

IT'S READY!! IF YOU ARE A PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE CRUISER ON THE

MIRACLE..........WE HAVE MADE THIS FOR YOU!!

Ok, the Miracle website we've been promising everyone all week is READY!! Thanks to the more the 650 people that emailed us and were patient as we slowly got back to each of you. We know that there are still a couple of people waiting on replies but hopefully this will help!

Below is the link to our Miracle website. On it is EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about the Miracle. It's got over 1000 pictures of our recent trip, the now famous TIP LIST I've sent to sooooo many requesters :) capers for adults and for the age groups for camp carnival, camp carnival's rules/regulations, the review that started this whole thing, it even has the deck plans for each deck on the miracle! There are

links to take you to each item and if you want to see an item closer, click on it. For example, if you want to see a certain deck, click the deck, click it again to make it larger! This allows you to see every cabin, lounge, etc on the ship.

We've also made all the tip lists, etc downloadable or printable to help you! And best of all, EVERYTHING is in categories from pictures to tips! We even made your background and put you a foo foo drink on the front page to make you feel back on the ship! ENJOY!

Our email is on the page so let us hear from you!!!!!

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Anne

Archived