car rental at Miami port

I am going to be on the Majesty of the Sea in September. After we get off of the ship we are going to spend a week hanging out in Florida so we need to rent a car. Does anybody know where the best place to rent from would be? I don't mean companies I mean locaiton. Do I take a cab to an airport and rent a car from there? Can I rent a car near the ship?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am going to be on the Majesty of the Sea in September. After we get off of the ship we are going to spend a week hanging out in Florida so we need to rent a car. Does anybody know where the best place to rent from would be? I don't mean companies I mean locaiton. Do I take a cab to an airport and rent a car from there? Can I rent a car near the ship?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We have rented from Alamo and there is a free shuttle that will pick you up at the pier and take you to the airport. Alamo doesn't require a credit card to make a reservation.

http://www.rentalcars.com/

http://www.autorentalguide.com/index.shtml

I made alot of calls to rental car companies. Alamo does have shuttle service to the port, but only on Fri/Sat/Sun. On other days I guess it's a taxi to a rental car location. Depending on which rental car company you like, check their website, most have a location closer to the Port than going all the way to the airport.

PS-Some rental car companies will take the taxi fare off the cost of the rental car if you get a receipt from the taxi driver.

When we diembarked the Majesty there were a whole bunch of free shuttles back to the rental counters at the AP. Pick your favorite.

What day of the week did you disembark??

I was trying to find out what day of the week "trish1c" saw all the shuttles at the port. Every company I called claimed they don't have them, except Alamo who claims to run them only on the 3 weekend days.

Sorry for the confusion.

MusicGal

I noticed the cruise date in your signature is 9/12/04! :confused: Doublecheck your docs! The 3 day Majesty cruise is September 10 and arrives on a Monday. The 4 day Majesty cruise is September 13 and arrives on a Friday. Don't want to miss the ship! :D

My Majesty cruise was a 4 day Monday-Friday and there was an Alamo shuttle at the pier.

Thanks, it's on the 17th. I guess I typed it in wrong. Thanks. I made the reservations for Alamo. They did tell me that there would be a shuttle. If it's there that's fine. If not we'll get a cab with the rest of my family who are flying home that day.

We were on the 4 day. We disembarked on a Friday. It was last Sept if that helps.

You cruisers who arrive back in port on Friday, there should be an Alamo shuttle waiting.

Those of us who are cruising Friday and returning Monday will probably have to fork over cab fare.

Oh well, a cab beats walking or the bus!!

Archived