royal just back part1

seabourndt

well have mostly a good cruise from athens to barcelona in 12 nights. i wanted to do this cruise for the naming and was dissapointed to hear it will now be in june, never mind. i tried doing a live from but the internet was so slow i ended it after a few days. i was hoping to hear from others on this board \also doing this cruise but for some reason i never heard from anyone which I CANNOT BELIEVE!!! i guess with my negative comments people don't want to hear my views.

my flight from london was on the sunday 6th may on EASYJET got the athens airport in the evening and got a bus to pireaus. i found a taxi to my hotel in pireaus for 10euros. the LILIA HOTEL; is a lovely small reasonable hotel close to the sea with a balcony. next morning i made my way to the port to see what ships were in port i found 5 ships... AGEAN 2,BLUE MONARCH,SKY WONDER,ORIENT QUEEN,OCEANIC 2, AND THE NORWEGIAN DAWN.

the day i embarked on the ship only sky wonder and us were in port. a very quick check in found my cabin gg grade on deck 4. an outside with a window at the front. unfortunatly i found out my cabin only had an armchair rather than a sofa which i was expecting. it was not at all comfortable as was the non existant headboard on the bed. after going to the buffet for a late lunch which was easy to find a seat. no afternoon tea today it seems. after the lifeboat drill in the caberet lounge which was quick in only one language. no roll calls \as they know who is present. after a lovely dinner in the dining room it was open sitting tonight sat with a couple from sydney australia who were very nice. then i went off the ship to get a few pictures with all her lights on, i left it a bit late and had to go down the only gangway still open. we left at 2200hrs, no sailaway, very quiet departure. i do like to smoke a cigar and have a drink in the evening but brthere was nowhere to do this apart from out on deck, it was deserted here at night after the shows finished.

wednesday 9th may.

today we were at sea on the way to istanbul after breakfast in the dining oom where i found my 2 favourite things SWISS MUESLI AND FRENCH TOAST were not available! put the sign up for cleaning my room at 0730hrs but when i returned at 0930 it still had not been done the steward sid he was busy doing the other cabins! had lunch in dining room mussels and mixed grill and sat wityh some nice perople. went to singles party rather than the port talk! what a mistake! 3 wopmen turned up plus me the host left after 10 mins and that was it! went to the gym it was always quiet and never had any trouble getting on anything. missed not having a tv screen or headphones,or cups for water though. afternoon tea as in the dining room a strange place and no white gloves. plenty of choice of samwiches,scones and pastries. never had any trouble getting gree tea. had cocktail party before dinner the captain was busy on the bridge so no picture of the commordore which was a shame. always hate going to these do's i still go but don't always enjoy it as nobodsy ever talks!! like watching bthe commodore talking, he was very funny. then intoi dinner to find my proper table 28 for 1st sitting. it was at the back of the ship which was quite bumby at full speed. had game hen and a lovely souffle. show was with singers and dancers 1 of 4 new production shows, i like them but others did not and some walked out. again sat on deck for my cigar, shame the pool bar on the open deck closes at 7pm so don't bother with a cocktail.

thats it for today

dave

Archived