What to wear in on 7 day Europe?

What kind of weather would it be in Italy & Barcelona November?

What kind of shoes to wear touring not tennis shoes but not heals, but feminine?

Anyone know which nights are the formal nights on the Brillance of the Seas

7 night medditerranean?

Also type of purse for touring pickpocket safe but looks nice?

Thanks

Brenda

I've not travelled to Europe yet, but I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject. We're planning a cruise in October 2008.

For shoes (walking) I plan on something like this:

spacer01.gifhttp://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=8324&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C291%2C322&iProductID=8324&sortBy=0

or this:

spacer01.gifhttp://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=649&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C291%2C576&iProductID=649&sortBy=0

Perhaps not these colors, but these colors show better on a monitor.

I think you should plan for some rain, as it shows November to be the rainiest month of the year. I'd probably do a lightweight raincoat, thigh length, with a zip-out liner.

I'm not planning on a purse, maybe a wallet on a string, there are some on the same site as the above shoes www.travelsmith.com . I'd go for one that lays flat against your body with a slashproof cable through the strap. After all that I've read, I think I'll keep my cash and passport inside a security waist pouch, worn under my clothes, such as this: http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1729&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C252%2C332&iProductID=1729&sortBy=0 I already have one that I used years ago, they are comfortable and you don't realize they are there.

I don't know about the formal nights onboard Brilliance, but they are generally held on sea days.

I'm sure others who have been to Europe will give you more answers (I hope, because I'm very interested too :) )

What kind of shoes to wear touring not tennis shoes but not heals, but feminine?

Thanks

Brenda

Not sure what your ideal style might be. But, my most recent favorite walking tour shoes have been by:

1. Cole Haan..WITH Nike Air Tecnology

2. Amalfi

3. Rieker

4. Merrell

You can probably see online a lot of the current styles for all these at: Zappos, Nordstrom, Shoebuy, etc. It's a start.

Martha

Anyone know which nights are the formal nights on the Brillance of the Seas

7 night medditerranean?

Also type of purse for touring pickpocket safe but looks nice?

Thanks

Brenda

I'm with you, I share your pain, lol.

I am leaving for Europe in about two weeks. We'll be in Rome two days and on board for 12 nights. This was a challenge. I'm still not sure I'm covered yet. I keep changing my wardrobe.

peggy

November can be rainy and cool, IME. I pack low heeled leather boots as well as waterproofed shoes or slides.

I am packing these for my late October trip:

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?productId=151231&categoryId=306401&productGroup=151232

in black. Also a pair of black Easy Spirits that are much more slim and Puma looking than the photo shows:

http://www.easyspirit.com/s?namespace=catalog&origin=viewall_category.jsp&event=p.shoe&pid=14093&cid=1073

My boots are Ecco and have a 2 inch heel and a buckle on the side, more of a shoe boot. I will wear those at night with nice slacks or my long black skirt.

I always pack two pair of daytime walking shoes so I can switch off; it works better for me as I walk miles each day.

I carry a small shoulder bag that lies flat at my side for daytime and a woven leather small bag for evening. I would not use a backpack or anything that does not zip all the way closed.

For November trips, I pack an unlined leather trench I bought in Florence years ago. I layer clothes underneath as necessary.

Brilliance should have the usual 2 formal nights.

November can be rainy and cool, IME. I pack low heeled leather boots as well as waterproofed shoes or slides.

I am packing these for my late October trip:

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?productId=151231&categoryId=306401&productGroup=151232

in black. Also a pair of black Easy Spirits that are much more slim and Puma looking than the photo shows:

http://www.easyspirit.com/s?namespace=catalog&origin=viewall_category.jsp&event=p.shoe&pid=14093&cid=1073

My boots are Ecco and have a 2 inch heel and a buckle on the side, more of a shoe boot. I will wear those at night with nice slacks or my long black skirt.

I always pack two pair of daytime walking shoes so I can switch off; it works better for me as I walk miles each day.

I carry a small shoulder bag that lies flat at my side for daytime and a woven leather small bag for evening. I would not use a backpack or anything that does not zip all the way closed.

For November trips, I pack an unlined leather trench I bought in Florence years ago. I layer clothes underneath as necessary.

Brilliance should have the usual 2 formal nights.

I have two pairs of sneaks like the easy spirit and they are so very comfortable. For Rome? Forget it! I wore tennies! Had to! So much walking there! On our last one, our tablemate always wore the new Skechers Mary Janes, like these: http://www.shoemall.com/catalog/product.jsp?style=127368SM&Ntt=skechers&Ntk=Tier2&&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&N=4294967278&Ns=assets_avail_date|1&Nty=1&default=false&productsPerPage=180

They look very cute with a casual skirt and I prefer a shoe with a "back" on it for heel support. :)

I always take either a fanny pack with a zipper close to my body and wear it around the front, or a wallet on a string. I prefer the fanny pack. Weather will be winter, rain, cool.

No way I would wear tennis shoes in Europe, period. I bring my running shoes and wear them for my morning run, period:).

My daytime choices are just as comfy and far more attractive, IMO.

Sorry, that was my pre-surgery trip prior to having my spine fused. With Sciatica in both legs, walking alone would have been uncomfortable ;). We did use proper etiquette and only walked about the city taking exterior photos........:cool:

Sorry, that was my pre-surgery trip prior to having my spine fused. With Sciatica in both legs, walking alone would have been uncomfortable ;). We did use proper etiquette and only walked about the city taking exterior photos........:cool:

When you posted your shoe choices you didn't mention that you wore them because of a medical condition. How could anyone have known that?

Like Caviargal, I too would never wear sneakers anyplace other than the gym, so it's likely that I would have commented the same way to your post. I can't speak for her, but had you mentioned that your shoe choices were predicated on a medical condition my guess is that she woudln't have made the comment.

I'm glad you were able to make the trip at all given the pain you were in and hope you enjoyed the city's interiors and exteriors.

I definitely agree with layering. It could be gorgeous and warmer than you expect - esp. in Barcelona, or it could be rainy and chilly. I was there in February once, and I had a sleeveless shirt on (and it was warm!). However, it could have just as easily been damp and chilly.

If it looks like it might rain, I would also bring a small umbrella, and a change of socks in my bag in case it's REALLY raining and your feet get wet.

When you posted your shoe choices you didn't mention that you wore them because of a medical condition. How could anyone have known that?

Like Caviargal, I too would never wear sneakers anyplace other than the gym, so it's likely that I would have commented the same way to your post. I can't speak for her, but had you mentioned that your shoe choices were predicated on a medical condition my guess is that she woudln't have made the comment.

I'm glad you were able to make the trip at all given the pain you were in and hope you enjoyed the city's interiors and exteriors.

It wasn't meant as confrontational :). I did wear low heels and nice attire when dining out. Lots of walking there and I would make many of the same shoes choices that caviargirl would have recommended!

Archived