Breakfast & Lunch in the Main Dining Room

For me it is all about the time. If we are in port and in a hurry to get off the ship, it is either WJ or more likely room service. If it is a sea day, we never ever eat in the WJ. Always eat in the dining room. We enjoy somewhat meeting new people at lunch, most of the time it is the best way to meet some of the other passengers, but if you don't want to share a table, a request for a table for just your group is easy simply tell the waiter at the door. A perfect cruise for me is never eating in the WJ. I just do not prefer buffets. Although, I found the lido on HAL to be a lot better than the WJ on our one HAL cruise, and we ate there about 1/2 the time. :)

jc

My husband and I prefer the dining room for breakfast and lunch. We always asked for a table for just the 2 of us and it was granted. Sometimes we may have to wait a few minutes, but nothing major. I love the eggs benedict they serve. I found that the food comes out hot and your not trying to juggle drinks, food and find a table first thing in the morning. I also liked the lunches served in the dining room. Last year on the Navigator they made special pasta dishes to order table side. It was pretty nice.

Have a great cruise! I'm sure wherever you decide to eat, you won't be disappointed....

Archived