Snorkeling at the Baths

texasgirl

Has anyone ever done the Baths on their own as opposed to a cruise tour? I'm curious about taxi fares from the ferry to the beach and how much snorkeling gear rental is. Also - how long is the ferry trip? Thanks everyone

Was there in Feb.... and did it on my own.. The only way to go.

Got off the ship right away. There is three or four groups right off the pier trying to use there charter to the Baths.

We used Speedy's and it worked out well. $20 a person for trip and taxi to the Baths. ( you can negotiate) 40-45 min trip depends on the boat)

Get there early. We walked throught the caves... awsome but hard with all the people, snorkeled, which is OK not the greatest but still fun. and then we headed out.

When we were leaving it was soo busy you could not do anything. We were so happy that we went right away and got in and then got out.

A lot of people who do the tour from the ship said they did not have enough time to do anything and it was so packed.

any more questions just ask.

Whether you have snorkle equipment or not, the baths is awsome. It's as much about the scenary as the snorkling. If you are not an experienced snorkler, just go and enjoy. I snorkle and dive but would have been happy just climbing around, swimming and exploring.

It's been quite a while since I was there but I remember several shops along at the dock, some of which may rent equipment. I do remember some rentals at Tortolla, no idea if they still remain.

Archived