9A cabins on Sprirt Class

KathyB

There was a 9A two cabins down from us on the Legend. We were in an 8H. On the last day just before we disembarked, I saw the 9A was vacated and asked if I could take a peek. It was huge! And - it had a wrap around deck. Definately worth the extra dollars.

Beth

9a cabins on the spirit class ships do not have wrap around balcony. I believe that would be an 11.

We are booked into a 9a on the spirit for next may, but we booked it at a time when it was cheaper than the obstructed view regular balcony. It is now several hundred dollars more per person. I think I would have booked a balcony guarantee if the 9a were not cheaper at that time. Only slightly bigger cabin and bigger balcony and a VCR. Not that much difference than a regular balcony cabin.

9A's on Spirit class appear to be larger, with a larger balcony, but are not on the corners of the aft such as the Triumph, Victory, Valor, Glory etc. Those 9A's have the large wrap-around balcony and were my choice for our upcoming cruise, until I booked the Miracle, and the 9A's on Spirit class are side/aft right next to the aft elevators. Needless to say, we desired an 'aft' view and opted for 6264 which is an 8E. Wrap-arounds on Spirit class are Cat 11.
I almost opted for an 8I Guarantee in hopes of getting an upgrade to a Cat. 11, but was actually worried that I might be 'upgraded' to a Cat 9A. :eek:
IMHO, I wouldn't think a Cat 9A on a Spirit class ship would be that much of a more desirable unit than an 8I!
We had a Cat 11 on Triumph last April, which was a $50./pp upgrade from an 8E (which I noticed 20 days prior to the sailing), and loved it. I'm sure I would have loved the 8E, but what's $100, especially since it was our honeymoon cruise!! :D
Again, the above is just IMHO!! So take it for what it's worth.. ;)

Archived