I Hate The Onboard Credit System

I have wondered the exact same thing and I have had the exact same concerns.

Our family booked 2 cabins with a big Cruise TA. As an incentive to book with them they offered us $200.00 On Board Credit per balcony cabin. (thats $400.00 in OBC for both of our cabins - a substancial amount!)

We were told that we should recieve a voucher for it in our cabin the second day out. But I say - what do I do if it does not show up - who can I call at that point (at sea). I much prefer something tangible as proof that we have it.

I am hoping for the best - but uneasy about oversights.

I have wondered the exact same thing and I have had the exact same concerns.

Our family booked 2 cabins with a big Cruise TA. As an incentive to book with them they offered us $200.00 On Board Credit per balcony cabin. (thats $400.00 in OBC for both of our cabins - a substancial amount!)

We were told that we should recieve a voucher for it in our cabin the second day out. But I say - what do I do if it does not show up - who can I call at that point (at sea). I much prefer something tangible as proof that we have it.

I am hoping for the best - but uneasy about oversights.

I would get that in writing now before you go..........after all,you dont want to be making $7.95 a minute phone calls from the ship do you??? 10 mins would cost you $80 alone!:eek:

I'm the OP. Just got off my 1st RCI cruise with fiance. This was fiance's 2nd RCI cruise. When we boarded AOS there was a C&A book of coupons for fiance. One of the coupons was $200 onboard cabin credit ($100 pp?) on next cruise if booked while onboard. We stopped at at internet cafe priced the cruise, found a great hump cabin available then went to the booking people onboard, presented the coupon, and booked the hump cabin.

Oh, I left out the part where we were hoping the deposit would appear on our seapasses and we could eliminate it in the $500 bingo seapass elimination game . They told us the $450 each deposit would be on the seapass, but instead put it on our credit cards. That would NOT have been a fun discussion if we had won the bingo and relied on their erroneous assurances.

I'm the OP. Just got off my 1st RCI cruise with fiance. This was fiance's 2nd RCI cruise. When we boarded AOS there was a C&A book of coupons for fiance. One of the coupons was $200 onboard cabin credit ($100 pp?) on next cruise if booked while onboard. We stopped at at internet cafe priced the cruise, found a great hump cabin available then went to the booking people onboard, presented the coupon, and booked the hump cabin.

Oh that was just a promo thing for Nextcruise..........anyone onboard can do that...dont need a coupon.......its for all to take advantage of........seasoned RCCL cruisers, first timers..........and it says UP to $200 OBC...depends on length of the cruise.......has to be either 9 or 10 days(not sure) or more..............less will be either $50 or $100 OBC,depending on length of cruise.............

And BTW.for the next time, you dont have to choose which cruise you want right then,it is for "ghost bookings".......you can decide when you get home.........no time limit either...............I have 2 booked and can hold on them until I see something I want.

May be wrong, but based on discussions here I thought there is a cancellation fee or non refundable amount for the "next cruise" program. We have no risk in this booking. The entire deposit is completely refundable without penalty until final payment date.

Nextcruise is non refundable(at $100 pp to book)..........regular bookings made onboard at the regular deposit amount($100pp-short cruises, $250 7 nighters,etc) are totally refundable...........

by the sounds of it(since you did book a specific cruise),you're right....you did not do a Nextcruise......and once again,everyone who books that way is entitled to the OBC............Im sure that coupon was just promoting booking onboard.....

How long is the cruise you booked for??

Oh that was just a promo thing for Nextcruise..........anyone onboard can do that...dont need a coupon.......its for all to take advantage of........seasoned RCCL cruisers, first timers..........and it says UP to $200 OBC...depends on length of the cruise.......has to be either 9 or 10 days(not sure) or more..............less will be either $50 or $100 OBC,depending on length of cruise.............

It's 9 nights or more for the $200 OBC....

6-8 nights is $100

5 nights or less is $50

They always give you a print out from their computer when you book onboard, which would work as proof that you are entitled to the OBC if it was needed.

You're correct, they were going to print out an invoice except that the printer wasn't working and we didn't want to take the ship's engineer away from the engine pod, lol. Sooo, we did eventually get a hard copy of the invoice, but I don't want to find it. WHY can't the damn obc be reflected electronically in the reservation that I can see on the RCI website?

I totally agree w/the OP. My mother got us OBC on the Serenade as a Christmas gift this past year. It drove her nuts that they wouldn't give her a voucher or a confirmation or anything...and to top it all off, Royal Caribbean ended up sending the note about our OBC to a cabin on the other end of the ship w/similar numbers to ours. :rolleyes: Thank goodness the people that received it were nice enough people to call us. :D If my mom hadn't told us ahead of time about the OBC, we would have had no way of knowing that we even had any!

Laura

You're correct, they were going to print out an invoice except that the printer wasn't working and we didn't want to take the ship's engineer away from the engine pod, lol. Sooo, we did eventually get a hard copy of the invoice, but I don't want to find it. WHY can't the damn obc be reflected electronically in the reservation that I can see on the RCI website?

Dont know why you dont want to find the invoice:confused: .....just call them and them you need a new updated booking confirmation.........it should be on there,.......

WOW:eek: ,WHEN I BOOK THROUGH MY TA THEY GO RIGHT TO RCCL AND THEY IN TURN PUT ALL THE INFO ON MY BOOKING THAT RCCL HAS IN THEIR SYSTEM,OBC TA CREDIT AND EVEN MY SHAREHOLDER CREIDT:D ,THEY ALLSO SEND ME A STATEMENT EVERY TIME I MAKE A PAYMENT SO I AM ALWAYS UP TO SPEED AS TO WHAT I OWE WHEN THE LAST PAYMENT IS DO.SOUNDS TO ME SOME OF THE TA s OUT THERE NEED TO START EARNING THEIR $$$$$$$:p . ALSO I TAKE THIS STATEMENT WITH ME ON THE CRUISE AND HAVE IT INCASE OF A PROBLEM IN 16 CRUISES I HAVE HAD 0 PROBLEMS WITH OBC:)

everytime I make a payment to RCCL, I get a new confirmaiton by e-mail and it shows the obc

I agree, I too wish you could see all obc on website reservaiton, but can't for now. there's always hope, right?:)

Archived