Help finding a Caribbean cruise!

btobey

Hi all,

My husband got married in June 2003, and our honeymoon was a great 11-day cruise on Celebrity's Galaxy that left from Baltimore and went down to the Caribbean. We'd like to go on another cruise for our 5-year anniversary next year, but unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding what we want. The most important criteria is time frame; I work at a college, so mid-May to mid-June would really be ideal for me, although I do have a bit of wiggle room on either side. Initially, we really wanted to do a transcanal cruise, but since they only seem to run through late April, that wasn't really working. So now we're thinking Caribbean again. Here are some of the things we are looking for:

1. Travelling mid-May to mid-June 2008

2. 9-14 days duration (prefer 11-12)

3. Caribbean destination; prefer less popular ports (eg, would love to see Trinidad/Tobago, Belize, Turks/Caicos, etc.)

4. Prefer more days at sea to more ports

5. Prefer ships more likely to attract adults (we'll both be turning 40 next year too) rather than kids/families

6. Prefer mid-size ships (1500-2000 passengers) rather than tiny or huge

I think those are the main things; I know it's a lot, but we are willing to be flexible if we find something that meets most of the above. Of course, we are hoping to get a great deal, too! :p

Your time frame does not work very well. Most ships will be in Alaska or Europe.

The only thing I found was:

May 26 and June 13

Princess Cruises

Caribbean Princess

9 Night Eastern Caribbean

Departing from New York, New York

Ports of Call: New York, New York | West End, Bermuda | San Juan, Puerto Rico | St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands | Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

There are some RCL 7 day cruises. You will have lots of kids on those cruises

If you could go the beginning of April, there are more choices.

Gizmo, thanks for doing some checking for me; I know that the time frame is less than ideal. I really can't do anything in early April because that's probably the busiest time of the academic year, but my husband and I have considered a Panama Canal cruise (on HA) that leaves at the very end of April. Alternatively, if we do a Caribbean cruise, he actually said he'd prefer to go in August, which would still be doable for me--is that month any better?

Hi - Why don't you do something different for your 5th Anniversary?

Our most romantic cruise ever was on the Tahitian Princess. Tahiti is amazing and the dates would suit your time frame better. Also, summer is a great time to go to Tahiti because its drier. You can get some very good prices on flights out of LAX.

Or, do a Mediterranean cruise. Venice is soooo romantic.

S.

Actually, just going on a long vacation IS doing something different for us--we haven't been away for more than a few days since our honeymoon! We might consider a European cruise for the future (Tahiti sounds lovely, but the air travel time from the east coast is a big disincentive for us), but we are really wanting to do Panama right now.

Hi, after our second cruise which was to Alaska last last week my hubby has decided we should go to the caribbean.

We met so many people that had been on caribbean cruises.

But we know nothing about it.

What are the best islands? I know that's difficult to answer. We love crystal water, swimming. He likes shopping (me too a little).

I figure it's a long way to travel so it needs to be something I'm not going to find near home to make it worthwhile.

I'm doing a cruise in the Pacific in July. White sand beaches, snorkelling. Relaxing. AAHHH!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

My husband got married in June 2003, and our honeymoon was a great 11-day cruise on Celebrity's Galaxy that left from Baltimore and went down to the Caribbean. We'd like to go on another cruise for our 5-year anniversary next year, but unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding what we want. The most important criteria is time frame; I work at a college, so mid-May to mid-June would really be ideal for me, although I do have a bit of wiggle room on either side. Initially, we really wanted to do a transcanal cruise, but since they only seem to run through late April, that wasn't really working. So now we're thinking Caribbean again. Here are some of the things we are looking for:

1. Travelling mid-May to mid-June 2008

2. 9-14 days duration (prefer 11-12)

3. Caribbean destination; prefer less popular ports (eg, would love to see Trinidad/Tobago, Belize, Turks/Caicos, etc.)

4. Prefer more days at sea to more ports

5. Prefer ships more likely to attract adults (we'll both be turning 40 next year too) rather than kids/families

6. Prefer mid-size ships (1500-2000 passengers) rather than tiny or huge

I think those are the main things; I know it's a lot, but we are willing to be flexible if we find something that meets most of the above. Of course, we are hoping to get a great deal, too! :p

To keep it more of an "adult" cruise--go in mid to late May while schools are still in session. Most parents won't pull their kids out of school at the end of the year. The Caribbean is great. Good Luck.

I should have posted here a few weeks ago to say that we booked! We actually went with a Panama Canal cruise after all; the sail date is April 27th, but my boss gave me special permission to miss the end of the academic semester. :D It is a 2-week sailing on HAL Amsterdam; hubby and I are very excited!!!

Archived