NOTICE: Ambassador Hotel in New Orleans

TxLnghrnz

I just got off the phone with the General Manager at the Ambassador Hotel in New Orleans -- seems there is a new owner of the hotel.

They are NOT honoring previous arrangements for Free Parking during the cruise, as the old owners did.

I made reservations for three rooms several months ago, based on the suggestions of other posters on this board. At that time, they said there would be free parking during the duration of our cruise, as posters had stated.

The new General Manager was polite -- but said that the $99 Room Rate was a "great rate" but we would have to pay for parking the night of our stay ($20). We will now have to arrange for parking for the cruise week, however.

So much for "booking early!!" I even mentioned that thier property was "highly regarded" on Cruise Critic, but to no avail!

Just thought I'd let everyone know! If you'd like to check your reservations, the phone number at the Ambassador is: 800-455-3417

Let us know if you get the same story... Also, any other "deals" on New Orleans hotels, I'd love to hear about them -- at least I didn't PrePay at the Ambassador, so I'll switch at a moments notice!!

• 4 weeks later...

Tx, glad you got a better deal.

I won't have a car to park, since we're flying in, but am looking for a nice place to stay 2 nights b/f our cruise. Orbitz's price for the Ambassador is $78 for Sat and $65 for Sun. The pictures look beautiful. Does anyone know if this is a good place to stay?

There is a covered, secure parking lot across from the convention center on Fulton Street and Convention Center Blvd. This garage charges $10 a day for cruise ship parking, I believe, and has a complimentary shuttle to the pier which is only 2 blocks away. The 2 blocks involve a complicated walk down a lonely street and around the back of the convention center so the shuttle is recommended. There is also an outdoor secure lot right at the pier but it fills up quickly. I'm not sure of the price.

Archived