Liberty - Pre-Inaugural - May 14-16 Review

We stayed in a Holiday Inn precruise in March 2001...and it was a short distance from the Bayside Marketplace (we had a very late dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe) so I'm guessing it was the same one. Seemed a little run down at the time but okay.

Actually went to mediation last week which was unsuccessful (other side was most stubborn even though the mediator took us into another room after hubby gave his presentation and he told us that he was appalled at what hubby's boss did == security issues and all that). Can't talk about the specifics, but I was a real mamma cub in there. Hubby said we were a great team. So we're waiting to see if the feds decide to investigate further. They may not -- they have only so much funding and staff so even if they know laws have been violated, they may just give a letter allowing one to sue on their own. So we're not sure what we would do if that happens. It would be nice though if these people are held accountable for once and get fined. It'll just be a hassle to find a lawyer.

But I think hubby wants to get on with his life...and he keeps checking out the bridge cams. So fingers crossed on the investigation happening and our planning a trip. He deserves a vacation.

Tina-Great Review and beautiful pictures!! I am going to have to book this Ship!!:p

Definitely! I never thought I would like the larger ships - but Liberty is a beauty!! I say go for it!

tina: Enjoyed your report. We were on the 1 night out of NJ. Hey - how did you like the Holiday Inn in Miami? I've booked her for our Sept. pre-cruise night before our Liberty cruise. Were you happy with it?

The hotel was more than fine. And since Miami is so darn expensive, it was fine for what we paid for it. The convenience of having it close to Bayside was a big plus. Plenty of places to eat & shop, and live music. DH walked up to McDonalds the next morning for an inexpensive breakfast and all was good. The pool is quite small and nestled where I don't think you would get much sun. But it was a nice way to cool off after strolling around Bayside & eating dinner. I found it odd to have to walk thru the dining room to get to the pool... but that was the way it was. The restaurant windows look out to the tiny pool. All in all - it was fine and we would book it again when sailing out of Miami.

But I think hubby wants to get on with his life...and he keeps checking out the bridge cams. So fingers crossed on the investigation happening and our planning a trip. He deserves a vacation.

You both deserve a vacation. Behind every great man is a great woman... and that is what you are in supporting him thru all of this.

We have the Pride booked for Christmas, but I am also going to book Monarch for Easter weekend to surprise Pete & Stacey (Pete's birthday is later that week.) I hope you can get another cruise booked soon!

[

** We are very tempted to book this ship or one of her sisters, Freedom or Independence (unveiling next year) – although we are a little concerned about the crowds. This sailing was not full and since it was basically adult only (I think we saw 2-3 children of officers) – we didn’t feel the full effects of a normal crowd. Would booking this class (instead of a Voyager Class) in hopes of spending a fair amount of time on Flowrider be trumped by the large amount of kids & teens? Will tendering be a nightmare? Hard to say. I was of the school that said that I wouldn’t like the large ships. But we sure did enjoy Liberty! We booked a NextCruise while onboard, so just need to decide WHERE & WHAT ship! Such a problem to have, isn’t it?

My review would not be complete without thanking Royal Caribbean & Cruise Critic. It was such an honor to be invited for this special sailing. We will always remember it! Many scoffed at the fact that some of us that were invited were “just Gold members” – we know how very special the invitation was and did not take it for granted. And you accomplished something that I wasn’t able to – getting my husband to fly to Florida! Thank you for that too!

I found your review great for people who haven't traveled recently on RCCL. I am glad they honored you and your husband, I think RCCL achieved their goal of having someone it total awe of the cruise ship Voyager class or larger. The question I would liked asked how is this ship different than the Voyager class? Is the service any different? Was the size larger? Was there a longer wait for the elevators? Glad you got the free cruise and enjoyed yourself, but didn't find your review helpful to me.

The question I would liked asked how is this ship different than the Voyager class? Is the service any different? Was the size larger? Was there a longer wait for the elevators? Glad you got the free cruise and enjoyed yourself, but didn't find your review helpful to me.

Since I have never been on a Voyager class ship - I cannot answer the questions that you would have liked to have been addressed. Although I didn't state it specifically in this review - no larger ships are listed in my signature and I mentioned we have only sailed from the West Coast where there are NO larger ships from RCCL. Others have been on both classes - and have been free with their comparisons.

I am sorry you didn't find it helpful, although others have. Not sure why you had point it out that way. No reviews are perfect. I simply told it from OUR perspective. If you have questions, ask and someone will jump in and answer.

I have often stated over the years on CC that I doubted I would be able to sail on a Voyager class or higher due to the fact that DH doesn't like to fly and we don't have options for larger ships on the West Coast. Now that DH has flown across the country for this, I am free to look at more RCCL voyages from other ports! RCCL made this possible and for that I am extremely grateful and wanted to thank them with my review.

Thanks Patty! I appreciate it! I really do!

Hey - big rumors of Mariner of the Seas coming to LA for the Mexican Riviera in 2009. As soon as it is official, I am going to put together a group cruise. Already have some interested... June 21, 2009... you should think about it!

Archived