Parking at San Diego Port

boodoll33

We are driving from Orange County to go on a Mexican Riviera cruise that is leaving the San Diego Port. My question is do I need reservations to park in the parking lot or can I just drive up and pay that day to park? Should I be worried that there won't be any spots left? Anybody have an experience with this?

There is a parking lot right across the street from the San Diego Port. It is a 5 STAR parking lot and always has many spaces available. I am not sure of the charges per day, but most run around $10/day. Perhaps someone who has done this can post the correct amount.

:)

I don't believe they have a reservation system. The parking lots you are referring to (I assume) are the 5 Star or the Lane Field (also run by 5 Star) lot on Broadway?? They are not on the pier. The Lane Field parking lot will be disappearing in another year or so as part of the Embarcadero redevelopment plan.

There are other (less expensive) lots, and they will shuttle you right onto the pier. The 5 Star and Lane Field lots do not have a shuttle.

Here is the link to the Port Authority, which list the local parking available, prices, and what they provide. Some take reservations and some do not. If you are traveling during a busy travel time, make reservations as these are also the remote lots for the airport:

http://www.portofsandiego.org/sandiego_maritime/cruise/parking.asp

Archived