Camp Carnival, Baby Almost 2 yo

TARIE7291

We are cruising Spring Break of 2008, will Camp Carnival take my baby who will be just shy (6 weeks) of being 2 yo? How strict are they? :confused: When you register on the first day, do they verify the age with their records? I am hoping they will accept him. I need to know how to prepare for this. Your expertise is greatly appreciated. :)

sorry-- carnival is very strict with that age thing--especially for the under two.

the kids must be 2 by the date of sailing.

you can use the pay services after 10pm..and you can use the camp--for a fee on port days until noon.

you can take your child to use the toys etc from noon til 2 but must stay with your child.

sorry-

can you not just wait the 6 weeks?

pack everything you need for him-- diapers, bottles-certain juices. only apple and orang juice in the morning hours at the buffet- available at other times from room service.

In the Carnival cruise contract it plainly states that a person is the age they are on the first day of the cruise, and remaiin that age even if they have a birthday during the cruise. And yes, they will know the age of your child because you have to give them a birth certificate when you check in for the cruise. And again yes, they will be VERY strict with the age requirements especially during one of the busiest family cruising times, spring break.

We just got back from our cruise with our 19 month old. They are very strict and have a roster of ever child sailings date of birth and current age. They wont even budge if the child turns two on the cruise. They have to be two before or on the day of sailing to count.

However, they do offer babysitting

port days from 8am-noon, 12-2pm on sea days and 10p-1am for $6.00hr

you can also stay and play during the 12-2p time for free.

We used the babysitting once and our daughter did fine. Next cruise we are making sure she is already two before we sail.

Julie

Less than a week off Conquest - Camp Carnival has open play from 12 - 2. Your child can play with everything there but they must be supervised by you. My daughter turned 20 months on the ship and we actually only went to open play once. To burn energy we would go to one of the many bars that aren't open during the day and let her run around. We also had new toys and books for her to play with in the room.

I'm not sure about other ships but on the Conquest you could get at least apple juice or the very delicious passion guava juice on lido deck any time of day. Some drink stations wouldn't have it but you could always find at least one or two that did.

Thanks for the advice. I know when we went on Carnival 3 years ago, my son was 13 and he stayed in the 15-17 yo group the whole time. They never messed with him. That is why I was wondering how strict they would be with a baby.

I think I will be changing our cruise date. I just want to able to go when my teenager will have a lot of kids to hang out with. When we cruise it is on Spring Break time and there are a ton of kids which is good for him, because he has a great time. If we go when school gets out for summer, are those cruises full of kids just like the school break times?

I don't want to cruise with the baby unless he can go to the Camp Carnival. He loves kids already so I know he would fit in great there.

Thanks for the advice. I know when we went on Carnival 3 years ago, my son was 13 and he stayed in the 15-17 yo group the whole time. They never messed with him. That is why I was wondering how strict they would be with a baby.

I think I will be changing our cruise date. I just want to able to go when my teenager will have a lot of kids to hang out with. When we cruise it is on Spring Break time and there are a ton of kids which is good for him, because he has a great time. If we go when school gets out for summer, are those cruises full of kids just like the school break times?

I don't want to cruise with the baby unless he can go to the Camp Carnival. He loves kids already so I know he would fit in great there.

Wow! Was he going with someone he knew in that age group? It is rare for them to allow a child into the older age group.

We've gone at all kinds of times and there are always kids. Yes, summer will have more than spring break.

i was reaaly surprised to hear that your 13 year old was able to go into the older program but then saw that was three years ago.. so now your son wont have the problem since he will be of age--

for the 15-17 year olds they are very strict with age. they even have their own teen center on most ships today.

there will always be kids onboard each week--some weeks have more then others,

we are cruising the last week in august and there will be some--not a lot.

sometimes having a few kids is better then a bunch..

camps are strict especially with the 2-5 year program-- it will be a huge liabilty for them to take them younger.

on royal caribean kids must be 3 and potty trained--no exception and zero tolerance to accidents-

julie--are you sure about the paid babysitting from noon til 2 for under 2?

we were told parents must stay with those kids. is it different now

I was on the Valor last February with my 21 months old son and I could leave him at Camp Carnival from 12pm to 2pm, 6$ per hour. ;)

I definately want to be on a cruise where there are alot of kids, i.e. school breaks. I have had friends in the past who took their child with, pulled them out of school and did not have a good time due to not having many kids to interact with. I guess it depends on the child's age too.

If you only knew my teenager, he likes the center of attention and does very well with big crowds. Everytime we cruise, after the first hour on the cruise, we rarely see him much after that due to finding many peers that have the same interests and hang with. It is the only vacation he likes to go on, forget Disney, Universal, etc. over the years, to him a cruise is the bomb!

I am definately changing our cruise date, so the toddler can go to Camp Carnival. I want it to be vacation for all of us, letting mom and dad having their own time too. :)

I definately want to be on a cruise where there are alot of kids, i.e. school breaks. I have had friends in the past who took their child with, pulled them out of school and did not have a good time due to not having many kids to interact with. I guess it depends on the child's age too.

If you only knew my teenager, he likes the center of attention and does very well with big crowds. Everytime we cruise, after the first hour on the cruise, we rarely see him much after that due to finding many peers that have the same interests and hang with. It is the only vacation he likes to go on, forget Disney, Universal, etc. over the years, to him a cruise is the bomb!

I am definately changing our cruise date, so the toddler can go to Camp Carnival. I want it to be vacation for all of us, letting mom and dad having their own time too. :)

Good choice! Your toddler will have a GREAT time!

Archived