Fort Lauderdale to Miami

otchick17

We're trying to determine if a cab/van fare would be cheaper than the Carnival transfer cost ($60 x 3 travelers=$180) from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. Any idea what the cost would be?

Airfare is just ridiculous---$430 from St. Louis to Miami. Hoping to cut the price down by using Southwest into Fort Lauderdale.

The Tri-County Airport Express shared ride shuttle service from Ft Lauderdale to Port of Miami is $18 per person. For your group that would total $54. For an additional $10 you could use the Tri-County Airport Express private town car service. From FLL to POM the town car is $64. Still a big savings over the typical cab ride that runs between $75-$85.

The best thing I like about Tri-County Airport Express (aka Florida Limo) is that reservations are not required. When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.;)

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/private.html

hi, i fly out of stl also. american has been offering flights into mia and fll for $178rt. well, it is a bit over 200 after they ad the fees. southwest just had a sale! i booked stl-fll for about $176 total...they had a sale going, then added more time on it and included florida..there will be another, when r u cruising? wish i would could have helped u a few days ago. the sale was over may 24th..cindy

Beachgal58 you definitely scored with that airfare! We're looking to cruise in Feb 2008. I'm eyeing 2 direct flights on American to Miami, but as said, would cost me $430. That's almost as much as I'd pay for the cruise fare! Southwest isn't publishing their flights this far in advance so guess I'm just playing the waiting game as this point. Thanks to all for your insight on traveling between FLL and Miami!

Beachgal58 you definitely scored with that airfare! We're looking to cruise in Feb 2008. I'm eyeing 2 direct flights on American to Miami, but as said, would cost me $430. That's almost as much as I'd pay for the cruise fare! Southwest isn't publishing their flights this far in advance so guess I'm just playing the waiting game as this point. Thanks to all for your insight on traveling between FLL and Miami!

February 2008 is peak season in Miami and I'd jump all over that fare.

The Boat Show, President's Week, and all kinds of other events make fares really expensive.

At best, transportation to Miami will eat up any savings below $215 per ticket.

Archived