Helicopter or Floatplane Glacier Tours?

cruisin'sz

I'm a chicken who is actually thinking about doing a helicopter or glacier tour while in Alaska. Any feedback from any other chickens out there? It seems like something I should not miss, but I don't know if I can get past my fears. If I do, would you recommend a helicopter or a floatplane?

I'm a chicken who is actually thinking about doing a helicopter or glacier tour while in Alaska. Any feedback from any other chickens out there? It seems like something I should not miss' date=' but I don't know if I can get past my fears. If I do, would you recommend a helicopter or a floatplane?[/quote']

Hi, we just did a helicopter/glacier walk while in Juneau and had the best time. I'm afraid of flying and this was the best thing I've ever done. I was very lucky and got to sit up front and had great views. I don't know why but I wasn't afraid and felt really comfortable.

I would definitely recommend it, since I only did the helicopter I can only respond to that tour but it was awesome.

For glacier flightseeing, I like the glacier helicopter landings much better than just a fly over. You need to take a hard look at yourself and go from there. One time I was on a flight with a terrified person, they had a terrible time. Only you can decide what is best for you.

I just got back on Friday and I did the floatplane in Ketchikan and helicopter in Juneau. I was a little apprehensive about both of them but once on board all was forgotten. (I did take bonine the night before, just in case). The floatplane was smoother and quieter and I absolutely loved the Misty Fijords. The scenery was so specatcular I totally forgot I was in this itsy bitsy airplane! The only thing about the helicopter that worried me was the age of the pilot, he looked like a baby! But he was highly experienced and I was able to sit up front and keep an eye on him! I agree with BQ, if you are going to do a helicopter ride, do a glacier landing not just a fly by. Standing on the big piece of ice was very humbling...

Archived