Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Thanks for the info. Valor2005. I was reading some posts that were similiar to many of the complaints about Anytime on Princess which was service lacking. I do like getting to know the waiter.

We prefer the late sitting but always run into a problem when we have our son. They have the Camp registration the first night around 7:30, by the time you're finished it's too late to make the late seating.

The rest of the week he prefers to eat at 6:00 with the other kids in a kid friendly environment. We always have a problem the first night. Don't really like to eat the buffet.

One year I went to the Maitre'd & he told us we could go to the early the first night. Just trying to figure out if it would just be easier to do the open. Sounds good but not so much if the service is slack. Anyone have any ideas???

Does anyone know if standard Motorolla walkie talkies work on the ship? I have teenagers that I would like to keep in touch with. On RCCL you could rent phones that worked just on the ship. From what I understand CCL does not offer such a thing. Any suggestions? Although I could use the excercise, I would hate to have to search the entire ship for my kids and I would hate for them to have to be confined to one place.:D

Does anyone know if standard Motorolla walkie talkies work on the ship? I have teenagers that I would like to keep in touch with. On RCCL you could rent phones that worked just on the ship. From what I understand CCL does not offer such a thing. Any suggestions? Although I could use the excercise, I would hate to have to search the entire ship for my kids and I would hate for them to have to be confined to one place.:D

I could be wrong, but I think I remember seeing a flyer in our cabin at the beginning of our cruise about walkie-talkies to rent for the duration of the cruise. Seems like it was $30. Hopefully, someone else will remember and post.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember seeing a flyer in our cabin at the beginning of our cruise about walkie-talkies to rent for the duration of the cruise. Seems like it was $30. Hopefully, someone else will remember and post.

they are $25.00 each- not per set. For 50 bucks you can buy your own somewhere.

We're sailing in less than 2 days on the Liberty! We can hardly wait! We're first timers and I think we would be totally lost if not for this site. My parents are jealous and it sounds like they'll be booking soon. I'm definitely gonna hook them up with this site.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Liberty so I can't wait to post a review when I get back. I hope my first timer review will help other first timers so keep an eye out around the 1st of March.

Cheers,

meldam

I am jealous....we don't leave until March 7th...you will have so much fun. This is our 5th cruise and have loved every one. I can't wait to see your review of the ship.

We're sailing in less than 2 days on the Liberty! We can hardly wait! We're first timers and I think we would be totally lost if not for this site. My parents are jealous and it sounds like they'll be booking soon. I'm definitely gonna hook them up with this site.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Liberty so I can't wait to post a review when I get back. I hope my first timer review will help other first timers so keep an eye out around the 1st of March.

Cheers,

meldam

Im sure you are having a great cruise!! Looking forward to your rewiew.

Does the Liberty have a self serve laundry. I think that I read somewhere that they didn't. We are flying into Miami 2 days before and staying 2 days after so would like to be able to do some laundry somewhere in between, due to weight restrictions on the airlines.

Does the Liberty have a self serve laundry. I think that I read somewhere that they didn't. We are flying into Miami 2 days before and staying 2 days after so would like to be able to do some laundry somewhere in between, due to weight restrictions on the airlines.

We used the self-serve laundry, on deck 7. It was convenient, but having a ton of quarters to pay for the washer/dryer and paying for detergent was not.

I would highly recommend bringing some powder detergent, bounce sheets and a roll of quarters to save the hassle of getting it all there. I had to wait in line for 15 mins at the information desk just to get quarters for the dryer.

They also had no bounce sheets available for sale onboard.

Does the Liberty have a self serve laundry. .

ALL carnival ships have laundry rooms- (Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas does not have laundry rooms)

Deck 1 across from 1359,

Deck 2 across from 2367,

Deck 6 across from 6387,

Deck 7 across from 7339,

Deck 8 across from 8351,

Deck 9 across from 9720

as you can see laundry rooms are not on every deck. laundry rooms are very busy during sea days.. after boarding when ports ae done. Formal nights.

Take your own detergent, dryer sheets and a roll of quarters. 2.00 for wash.

2.00 for each dryer.

Any reviews of the shows on the western intinerary? How were the comedians. Any magicians or ventriliquist? Which shows are worth seeing.

We sailed 1/31/09 on the Liberty. We had three different comedians and all three were very funny! We did not go to the midnight adult shows. Not our cup of tea. No Magicians or ventriliquists either. But, all that can change from week to week. We liked the final show on the last night. The show featured all of the karaoke singers from the week. They were dress as the star they were singing like. Very funny!

Thanks for the info. Valor2005. I was reading some posts that were similiar to many of the complaints about Anytime on Princess which was service lacking. I do like getting to know the waiter.

We prefer the late sitting but always run into a problem when we have our son. They have the Camp registration the first night around 7:30, by the time you're finished it's too late to make the late seating.

The rest of the week he prefers to eat at 6:00 with the other kids in a kid friendly environment. We always have a problem the first night. Don't really like to eat the buffet.

One year I went to the Maitre'd & he told us we could go to the early the first night. Just trying to figure out if it would just be easier to do the open. Sounds good but not so much if the service is slack. Anyone have any ideas???

Gracie - can't you book for a late seating and then go for the open seating on nights when the late seating doesn't work for you?? Similar for if you go to Harry's or the buffet one night then you just don't show up at the late seating.

We were on the Liberty last April and on the first night my sister and I were the only ones at our table for 8. The others did show up on the 2nd night. That was before they had the open seating. We are going on her again this April and have booked the late seating but assumed that we could go to open seating on an evening if we wanted to go earlier for any reason.

Anybody know if that is the case? or do they check your S & S and if it says late seating they won't let you in for open seating?:confused:

Gracie - can't you book for a late seating and then go for the open seating on nights when the late seating doesn't work for you?? Similar for if you go to Harry's or the buffet one night then you just don't show up at the late seating.

We were on the Liberty last April and on the first night my sister and I were the only ones at our table for 8. The others did show up on the 2nd night. That was before they had the open seating. We are going on her again this April and have booked the late seating but assumed that we could go to open seating on an evening if we wanted to go earlier for any reason.

Anybody know if that is the case? or do they check your S & S and if it says late seating they won't let you in for open seating?:confused:

When I booked I had to make a selection so I went with Open Seating. If people have selected a traditional dining time they can't give those seats up in case they do show up. I too notice many empty seats in the dining room. I think the open dining will work out best. we loved it on princess, just prefer Carnival!!!!

Maybe I'll add my 2 cents here about the evening dining. We selected the late seating, which was ok for us.. but if I chose again I probably would've taken the earlier seating. The reason is, that they really didn't have alot going on during the 6-8 time, so might as well be eating dinner anyways. Meanwhile, a handful of things did start at 8 or 9, and in some cases we ate our late dinner fast in order to make it in time for them.

We went to Harry's once. It was definitely GOOD.. but I'm not sure I would go there more than once per trip. I know at least my best soup, appetizer, salad and side of the trip wasn't at Harry's.. they were all in the main dining room or buffet.

By taking traditional dining you have your seats.. by not going to your dining room and heading to open seating you are then taking up 2 seats per person and isnt fair to the person waiting for your seat. They cant inturn go to the tradtional dining room and take your seat.

Many times on cruises we do not go to the dining room but eat at the buffet.

I suggest that if the late seating is too late-- get it moved to the early dining..or head to Harry's or the buffet.

By taking traditional dining you have your seats.. by not going to your dining room and heading to open seating you are then taking up 2 seats per person and isnt fair to the person waiting for your seat. They cant inturn go to the tradtional dining room and take your seat.

Many times on cruises we do not go to the dining room but eat at the buffet.

I suggest that if the late seating is too late-- get it moved to the early dining..or head to Harry's or the buffet.

We decided on Open Seating. We like to eat about 8:00 most nights. Open will work out better for us. That makes it easy for the first night to eat early before Camp Carnival registration & not have the hassle at trying to be seated for the traditional early just one night.

I will be on the western caribbean cruise on Liberty in May. What nights are formal nights?

Thanks!

Beth

I know it says Sueg, that was the name I always used while I was on the net years ago. :)

Formal nights are the first sea day and the next to last night of the cruise.

No switching back and forth. If you want flexibility open seating is the best option. Then you can eat where and with whomever you desire.

Yes, they will check your S&S card.

Archived