Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

For clarification, the adults only area called the Serenity deck/area is not intended for topless sunbathing...it's intended for quiet time with no kiddos running about to disturb you. I'm not "for" or "against" topless sunbathing---just clarifying an earlier response so that there is no confusion.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/Promos/evolutionsoffun/water_serenity.aspx

Hot and Cold can get quite full, it depends on the crowd of your sailing.

T.

Hot & Cool club-- both times we sailed the Liberty was used for kids camp until 10pm then it was empty most of the rest of the night.

Hot & Cool club-- both times we sailed the Liberty was used for kids camp until 10pm then it was empty most of the rest of the night.

Sorry, Hot and Cool club - you are correct.

Both times we sailed Liberty the club was quite full, sometimes they take a while to get hopping, just like regular dance clubs. I know that on our last cruise most of the Karaoke crowd would go over to the disco after the singing ended. We don't stay long in the disco as the music doesn't usually appeal to us.

Sorry, Hot and Cool club - you are correct.

Both times we sailed Liberty the club was quite full, sometimes they take a while to get hopping, just like regular dance clubs. I know that on our last cruise most of the Karaoke crowd would go over to the disco after the singing ended. We don't stay long in the disco as the music doesn't usually appeal to us.

i see you cruised after us on the Liberty in 2007- we cruised the last week in August. What time did it start hopping.

i see you cruised after us on the Liberty in 2007- we cruised the last week in August. What time did it start hopping.

I can't tell you a specific time...as I said, it really didn't appeal to us. DH's parents were on the 2007 cruise with us so we did things they would enjoy. We did go in just to say we did, and they are windows in the promanade and at the stairs that show the dance floor.

Last cruise in 2008 DH's Sister came with us and I had to squeeze through the disco a couple nights to try to let her know that we were leaving the piano bar, in case she came looking for us. It was probably after 11:30 pm when I went in, but I don't know when it started hopping.

If there are large groups on board, sometimes they can help fill the disco.

did you find the piano bar more crowded??

thats the place that was hopping both times we were on the Liberty-- guess that would depend on the player

The first year the pianoman Mike Lawless was amazing and we even went to a charity concert later in Toronto that was him playing. He packed the piano bar every night.

The second year is a blank - so not memorably good or bad.

In 2007 it was Brad and he was sick the first half of the week. I think people gave up on him ever showing and it was pretty light. We didn't really enjoy him either.

Last year it was a piano-woman, she was pretty good but the room was maybe only half-full. Mostly regulars for the week that would show up every night. It was almost like "Cheers" where everybody knows your name, but instead it was 'Hey, Kansas', and 'the Newlyweds' instead of names. We've always found a seat in the piano bar.

I did a search of this thread & couldn't find the answer to my question.

To those of you that have been on the Liberty when she is in San Juan from 5-12, has the ship ever been cleared & gotten off any earlier? I've asked this question as well on the port of call thread but haven't gotten an answer.

We wanted to go to one of the forts but they both close at 6:00. Has anyone gotten off & headed straight there & if so, which one? I know they don't take that long to go through as DH & I were there a few years ago & went on a pre-cruise stay. This time we have our 9 year old son with us & would like him to see the history. Thanks!!!

I did a search of this thread & couldn't find the answer to my question.

To those of you that have been on the Liberty when she is in San Juan from 5-12, has the ship ever been cleared & gotten off any earlier? I've asked this question as well on the port of call thread but haven't gotten an answer.

We wanted to go to one of the forts but they both close at 6:00. Has anyone gotten off & headed straight there & if so, which one? I know they don't take that long to go through as DH & I were there a few years ago & went on a pre-cruise stay. This time we have our 9 year old son with us & would like him to see the history. Thanks!!!

My husband got off the ship and went to Castillo San Cristobal. He took the free trolly most of the way there, and got to walk around for about 45 minutes before it closed.

I still have the brochure. There are two entrances to the fort. It recommends that you start your tour from the Main entrance on Munoz Rivera Avenue. Here is an address from the brochure for more information:

San Juan National Historic Site

501 Norzagaray Street

San Juan PR 00901

787-729-6777

http://www.nps.gov/saju

Also, I found info on the forts on the ports of call board

I believe there was some kind of newsletter linked there about day trips to San Juan.

Good luck. He still had time to do the fort visit without getting cleared early.

My husband got off the ship and went to Castillo San Cristobal. He took the free trolly most of the way there, and got to walk around for about 45 minutes before it closed.

I still have the brochure. There are two entrances to the fort. It recommends that you start your tour from the Main entrance on Munoz Rivera Avenue. Here is an address from the brochure for more information:

San Juan National Historic Site

501 Norzagaray Street

San Juan PR 00901

787-729-6777

www.nps.gov/saju

Also, I found info on the forts on the ports of call board

I believe there was some kind of newsletter linked there about day trips to San Juan.

Good luck. He still had time to do the fort visit without getting cleared early.

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes, I've been all over the San Juan thread for months & couldn't really get a good answer about getting off the ship in time to atleast get there & have 45 minutes or so to walk around. I think I also read that El Morro was closer. We'd probably head for which one of the two was the closest. Since the ship gets there at 5:00 I also wondered how many other people were also trying to get off at the same time.

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes, I've been all over the San Juan thread for months & couldn't really get a good answer about getting off the ship in time to atleast get there & have 45 minutes or so to walk around. I think I also read that El Morro was closer. We'd probably head for which one of the two was the closest. Since the ship gets there at 5:00 I also wondered how many other people were also trying to get off at the same time.

Gracie - I think San Cristobal is the closer of the two forts.

We are going on the Liberty a week from tomorrow and our first stop will be San Juan at 5 p.m. We also hope to make our way to the Forts.

I will come back and let you know how it worked for us. We are hoping the ship will arrive early :)

If you don't hear from me, give me a nudge via this thread.:rolleyes:

We are going on the Liberty a week from tomorrow and our first stop will be San Juan at 5 p.m. We also hope to make our way to the Forts.

I will come back and let you know how it worked for us. We are hoping the ship will arrive early :)

If you don't hear from me, give me a nudge via this thread.:rolleyes:

That would be awesome, hope you have a great trip!!!

You're right. San Cristobal is straight up the hill from the Carnival Dock.

My SIL and I walked to it in September, but I can't tell you how long it took since we were pokey, shopping and taking photos of all the amazing old buildings.

822-1.jpg

Liberty is in the background. Self-portrait taken at the side of the fort. I'm on the right in blue.

1042-1-2.jpg

Taken from the top deck of Liberty, the fort is at the top of the photo.

You're right. San Cristobal is straight up the hill from the Carnival Dock.

My SIL and I walked to it in September, but I can't tell you how long it took since we were pokey, shopping and taking photos of all the amazing old buildings.

822-1.jpg

Liberty is in the background. Self-portrait taken at the side of the fort. I'm on the right in blue.

1042-1-2.jpg

Taken from the top deck of Liberty, the fort is at the top of the photo.

I knew I could count on this thread to get the info.!!!!LOL Thanks, I think you're right it is closer. We'll have our 9 year old with us so maybe we'll either hop on the free trolley or grab a cab. If we get there faster he'll have longer to explore. Did your ship also get there at 5:00 & if so, did you get off the ship pretty fast?

OK, now that my San Juan question has been answered does anyone have the menus for the 7 night Eastern: San Juan, St. Thomas & St. Martin. Thanks again!!!!

menus are fleetwide- if you do a google search look for Carnival dining room menu.

. Did your ship also get there at 5:00 & if so, did you get off the ship pretty fast?

when we arrived in San Juan we arrived before 5 and getting off was relatively easy- Just dont be standing in line with everyone else-- wait 5 minites when the ship clears then head down. The crowd will be thinned greatly by those 5 mintues.

http://www.nps.gov/saju/planyourvisit/feesandreservations.htm

when we arrived in San Juan we arrived before 5 and getting off was relatively easy- Just dont be standing in line with everyone else-- wait 5 minites when the ship clears then head down. The crowd will be thinned greatly by those 5 mintues.

Thanks, I have read that sometimes she will arrive a little early & get clearance a bit early. I'm hoping we'll get lucky & that will happen. I wish the forts were open a little later.

Has anyone been on recently & know who the activities coordinators are? Not the cruise director but the assistants. We were on The Valor in September & had Matt & Amy as the main two & they made the cruise the best we've ever had with Carnival.

I was interested in knowing if they let you bring your guest with you to the Captains Cocktail Party? When I sailed Mexican Riviera with friends who never sailed, they were welcomed to join me. I have a guest coming with me this July who has not sailed before and I would like to have her join me & another friend at the Party. Thank You,

Yes no problem, I asked guest relations for permission and no problem they said

The basketball and volleyball courts are between the former topless deck and the mini putt. The mini putt goes around the funnel, but they have taken down the barriers around the rails of the former topless deck, so you can see it from the mini golf.

Private balconys? No, unless you're staying in a balcony cabin.

Hot and Cold can get quite full, it depends on the crowd of your sailing.

The Aft pool has less people, because the aft hot tubs are adult only and the live music, the movie screen and all the pool games happen at the central main lido pool.

What is the Hot & Cold club?:confused:

if anyone else is interested found this lovely but long packet on the carnival liberty!!! Enjoy http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/images/a/af/Carnival_Liberty_Info.pdf. I am going on the liberty Cruise jan. 30, 2010 woohoo!!

Thank you so much for posting this link. I may be taking the ship map with me on my cruise. I'm sure it'll be very helpful on our first day to navigate our way around the ship.

Archived