Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

On the Liberty, there is a laundry room on almost every deck that has cabins.

LIDO Deck---forward area

VERANDAH Deck---midship

EMPRESS Deck---midship area

UPPER Deck---midship area

MAIN Deck---midship area

RIVIERA Deck---midship area

Please remember that you can not bring your own iron from home, but that washers/dryers/irons/ironing boards are available on each of these floors for you to use.

Also, if you prefer, you can bring a steamer (I got one for about $20 from Target before our Liberty cruise) which worked great at getting wrinkles out of our casual and our formal clothes. Or, you can buy Downy Wrinkle release and use it. I tried it on our casual clothes and it worked great, as well!

Hope this helps someone!

Hi ck3mcpherson-

I think impcinder answered your question in post #524. She was on my cruise, so I can vouch that her answers are correct. :D There is a midnight buffet after the 2nd formal night (which on our 8-day Eastern itinerary was a Friday night). There is a chocolate buffet on one of the afternoons, but I don't remember which one. It should be listed in the Capers for you, though. Hope this helps!

A lunch time chocolate buffet will work. I hate to miss it, but am often too full late at night to want anything that rich. It's nice to know that the midnight buffet is on the 2nd formal night. What is usually served in the dining room that night? We might have to refrain from overstuffing at dinner (if you know what I mean).

I am not sailing until 7/08 (with the other CC liberty-lovers), but I have a few questions.

We're in 2462 and 2465, which are 1As with the two windows (booked from info on this site). Does anyone know if these have mini-fridges?

Also, if you buy the souvenier glass where refills are less--is that just refills from the drink of the day, or can it be any drink from the menu? Can you reuse the glass--ie, next day to get cheaper refills?

Is there a deck with padded lounge chairs, not in the sun, for sitting and watching the ocean?

We're in 2462 and 2465, which are 1As with the two windows (booked from info on this site). Does anyone know if these have mini-fridges?

Yes, mini fridge is in your 1A room. I was in 2462 this past May. Have a great cruise!!

Is there a deck with padded lounge chairs, not in the sun, for sitting and watching the ocean?

There are the regular Lido lounge chairs in several locations which have a large overhang, so are out of the sun most/all day. One was an area right below the pool slide "take off". Lots of shade and lots of breeze -- but they are not secluded areas by any means. Lots of noise going on.

p.s. On the morning you arrive in Costa Maya, try to be out of your cabin when coming into dock (perhaps breakfast or something). Because of your cabin's aft location, it will rattle beyond your imagination during that time. I was amazed, and also amused, at the number of passengers coming out into the hallways shouting, "Holy $%#@!!!!!"

Maybe someone can help. We are going April2008. We have 3 rooms booked balcony. The problem my brother inlaw changed his room for handicap room which is all the way in bow of ship. This is first cruise and he gets seasick. We are on the upper deck. Are there any rooms that will fit his wheel chair that isn't that far up front. I don't want him to hate his first cruise. Thanks all

There is some type of Carnival Thermal handless mug available on Lido deck - aft, good for the entire cruise.

It seems to me that you saved a couple of dollars on the refills.

Welcome back Kiffrig! After 10 days - just my DH & I had a mountain of laundry.

Thanks impcinder! I'd like to say that I am glad to be home, but that would be lying. :D I wish I was still on the Liberty! -Although I am glad we missed the drama of the guy jumping overboard the day we got off the ship---some people just amaze me. Oh, and I am still doing laundry. :p

NCmom-

As DGP1111 already mentioned, there are Lido lounge chairs in places where you will find shade. There were a bunch of people hanging out in the shade on the Lido deck between the main pool and the aft (back) pool on the ship. That whole stretch of deck had an area with a long overhang and we saw people 2 rows deep, hanging out in the shade, reading a book, and napping. I am sure you can find shade in many areas at different times of day. Enjoy!

There's nothing better than a hot day in the shade! I used to love spending time in the sun, but now would rather sip a cool one in the shade any day. Does the Liberty have deck chairs on the deck that goes around the ship (Promenade)? We have found that to be very relaxing on other cruises and you're away from the pool activities.

There's nothing better than a hot day in the shade! I used to love spending time in the sun, but now would rather sip a cool one in the shade any day. Does the Liberty have deck chairs on the deck that goes around the ship (Promenade)? We have found that to be very relaxing on other cruises and you're away from the pool activities.

Try deck 3, outside the atrium. To be honest, I never made it there on our Liberty cruise - but it was a great place to have a gin and tonic in the afternoon on Victory and Conquest!

I know some of the decks down below the LIDO deck (like deck 3, the LOBBY Deck) had benches outside for sitting and relaxing away from the pool area. I am not sure if they had lounge chairs or not, but if not, you could certainly move one there or ask a Carnival employee to move one there for you.

Happy Cruising!

Maybe someone can help. We are going April2008. We have 3 rooms booked balcony. The problem my brother inlaw changed his room for handicap room which is all the way in bow of ship. This is first cruise and he gets seasick. We are on the upper deck. Are there any rooms that will fit his wheel chair that isn't that far up front. I don't want him to hate his first cruise. Thanks all

did he book an HC oceanview on the upper deck or a handicapped balcony?

There are two great spots. One is the lobby deck. My husband spends most of his time there. It is shady and very quiet. since the deck dead ends not alot of traffic.

My favorite deck is the Promenade deck right outside the fish and Chips area.

Here I would have a chair in the sun and when it got too hot there was ALWAYS an open chair right behind it in the shade.

The nice thing about this spot is I would select chairs not too far from the door to the Fish n Chips so I could grab a cup of Ice tea or some cool Cevechie!

I never had a problem finding a chair in the sun on sea days.. in this location.

Elena, I love your ideas for finding the shade and the sun, almost in the same place. My husband will love it too. Where is the fish and chips place located? I think I remember it being on a high deck, is that right?

Elena, I love your ideas for finding the shade and the sun, almost in the same place. My husband will love it too. Where is the fish and chips place located? I think I remember it being on a high deck, is that right?

when you are in the buffet there will be stairs that go upstairs-- that is where the fish and chips is located.

This is also where you want to head for seats if you cant find any.

when you are in the buffet there will be stairs that go upstairs-- that is where the fish and chips is located.

This is also where you want to head for seats if you cant find any.

You can exit and go outside from the Fish and Chips area????

Dan

We just returned from sailing Liberty. We picked the same spot. There were always chairs empty. I like shade and DH likes sun so it works out well. This was our second cruise on Liberty and our favorite spot. It is a bit noisy because of exhust fans, but kind of luls you to sleep.

Archived