Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Use those capers as a small guideline- I expect a lot of that stuff to change next month when the Liberty changes Itinerarys

I agree. These are great - but only as a general guideline. I too expect many changes with the new itineraries - specific to the Liberty.

1. What are Capers? Is that the newsletter that comes around to let you know what's going on?!

Every cruiselines have their own version/name of the daily activuty pages.

Carnival calls them Capers. (Princess is Patters-(

They are about 4 pages long- In your cabin the night before the "stuff" the steward places them into your cabin while you are at dinner.

In the Capers lists sales for the day- pool openings. bar times.

shows. etc. There are capers listed on www.cruisedailies.com so you can see what we are talking about

Your first cruise is an aft balcony>?? I have only cruised once on the side.- all the other times its been aft. (I hated the side balcony. but booked on this time on the Liberty since we have a toddler with us- its a long walk to the elevators back there

Your first cruise is an aft balcony>?? I have only cruised once on the side.- all the other times its been aft. (I hated the side balcony. but booked on this time on the Liberty since we have a toddler with us- its a long walk to the elevators back there

Is this a bad thing? :(

I've never had one before.

Is this a bad thing? :(

I've never had one before.

I have had a bad cruise yes.. ;) but i did make the best out of it.

For my balconies--- when you get used to the space the aft balconies have--those side ones can be rather constricting. Very small and narrow.

I have had a bad cruise yes.. ;) but i did make the best out of it.

For my balconies--- when you get used to the space the aft balconies have--those side ones can be rather constricting. Very small and narrow.

Ok, so this is a good thing? We have a cabin on the 7th deck 7440 aft wrap around balcony. I've only been on RCL's balcony.

Will CCL allow you to open the connecting door on the balcony with the family next door?

depends- if the divider opens to a cabin door then the answer is no.

As long as the divider does not block an exit to the cabin then you can get it opened.

As soon as you board ask your steward to have them opened. (Only a limited amount can be opened.

Once it is opened it stays that way for the rest of the week

Ok, so this is a good thing? We have a cabin on the 7th deck 7440 aft wrap around balcony. I've only been on RCL's balcony.

The balconies on the aft are awesome. the wrap around is even more so.

Have you stayed on the aft or on a side balcony on RCL ?

The balconies on the aft are awesome. the wrap around is even more so.

Have you stayed on the aft or on a side balcony on RCL ?

I have never even been to the back of the boat while sailing! I thought it would be too scary! I did however see a aft cabin when we were getting ready to disembark. But I've never stayed in an aft cabin or let alone a wrap around.

Do you think it's a good choice? First time out?

I have never even been to the back of the boat while sailing! I thought it would be too scary! I did however see a aft cabin when we were getting ready to disembark. But I've never stayed in an aft cabin or let alone a wrap around.

Do you think it's a good choice? First time out?

:D too scarey?? :D its very quiet back there as most people like yourself -dont go back there.. the views are amazing. we dont worry about being on the wrong side of the ship when we are in a port.

We can sit on our balcony and watch the islands slip away.

The only thing I can tell you is bad--- when you get off the elevator and head in the wrong direction and find yourself all the way in the front-- it IS a LONG walk back. ALways make sure you are heading "home" in the right direction

:D too scarey?? :D its very quiet back there as most people like yourself -dont go back there.. the views are amazing. we dont worry about being on the wrong side of the ship when we are in a port.

We can sit on our balcony and watch the islands slip away.

The only thing I can tell you is bad--- when you get off the elevator and head in the wrong direction and find yourself all the way in the front-- it IS a LONG walk back. ALways make sure you are heading "home" in the right direction

LOL......I am soooo glad that someone else admits to heading in the wrong direction - I was beginning to think it was just us :rolleyes: . We do it at least once every cruise - no matter how careful we try to be. I'm glad to hear that we are not the only ones "directionally challenged" :o

I've been trying to find capers for the Liberty leaving out of Miami on an eastern carib. voyage, are there any out there?

Liberty has not yet sailed out of Miami so there wouldnt be any. Liberty starts sailing out of Miami in Apr/May of 2008

If there was I am sure it will all change by the time you sail

We just cruised on Liberty last month. We went in a day early and had a great time. We took the water taxi all around and went and had dinner. It is so nice to wake up in the morning and look out of your hotel and see the ship. We got to the port at 11:15 and we were having lunch on lido at 12:15. It is just less stressful to go in the day before.

I'm trying to figure out what time to get to the port. I thought I read somewhere that you cannot board until until 1:30 and they were advising not to arrive more that one hour before that. Any advice?

:confused:

Ok, I'm an idiot. I've never cruised. What is a caper?

:o

A caper is a small vegetable that usually comes in a can with olives. :)

Just kidding.

It's a booklet or flyer you get each day that tells you what is going on. For example, Bingo 1pm, hairy chest contest 2pm, whale watching 3-7pm....you get the idea.

Ok, I'm an idiot. I've never cruised. What is a caper?:o

A Caper is Carnivals daily activity paper. You will get one in your cabin each night while you are at dinner for the next days activities.

Each cruise lines have their own. Princess has Patters. Royal Caribbean has the Compass. Disney has the Navigator.

I'm trying to figure out what time to get to the port. I thought I read somewhere that you cannot board until until 1:30 and they were advising not to arrive more that one hour before that. Any advice?:confused:

head to th pier about 10:30-11am. you will be onboard by noon. Wont be able to get into your cabin until 1:30 so pack a light carry on. I wouldnt arrive before 10:30- you take a chance of being turned away since the port will be crazy before then.

I am soooo glad that someone else admits to heading in the wrong direction - I was beginning to think it was just us :rolleyes: . We do it at least once every cruise - no matter how careful we try to be.

Happy: You and Serene are definitely NOT the only ones making that goofus error at least once on a sailing. I am a card-carrying member of that elite club (I just don't flash the card around, as I'm not proud of it):o

Happy: You and Serene are definitely NOT the only ones making that goofus error at least once on a sailing. I am a card-carrying member of that elite club (I just don't flash the card around, as I'm not proud of it):o

LOL.... :o nothing like insisting that "I know this is the right way...." and then finding yourself about as far away from your cabin as you can get :eek: . Oh well it is all part of the adventure...right :cool: ??

i will be going on the liberty in 6 days just curious how much does it cost to rent a wireless card on the liberty plan on bring my laptop with me.....

Look on the Carnival Web Page. Look under FAQ's. There is a heading called, " can I acess the internet", it gives you the info and rates.

Dan

Archived