Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

I was wondering if there is a pajama party? I thought I read about this and was looking for the details. Also, is there any other activities other than the hairy chest, belly flop, not so newlywed game.

Thanks!!

http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/tabid/453/Default.aspx

there is the most updated capers online. But like I stated--these will probably change with all the port changes happening within the next few weeks.

then the ports again change to a 7 day cruise instead of a 6 nights.

Formal nights will vary.. on a 7 night cruise --the first formal night will be the next day after you get onboard. the 2nd night will be thursday or Friday. (never on the night before you get off)

Do you know exactly which ports are changing? We are on the 8 day Feb 2 sailing.

ouch - I am cruising Sept 15th - 8 day ...... PR-St.Thomas-Antigua-Tortola-Bahamas.... Are you telling me that these ports are going to change?

I booked this cruise because of these ports....... Will I have the option to cancel?

ouch - I am cruising Sept 15th - 8 day ...... PR-St.Thomas-Antigua-Tortola-Bahamas.... Are you telling me that these ports are going to change?

I booked this cruise because of these ports....... Will I have the option to cancel?

the 6 day ports are chaning from Freeport 3pm to key west until5pm

and costa maya to Ocho RIos.

The Eastern cruise is still the same itinerary.

In April the Liberty moves from Fort Lauderdale to Miami and does 7 day cruise which the itinerary changes then.

People who are looking at past capers for cruises after August 12 for the 6 day ones must be prepared coz there might be major changes on those capers.

Does anyone have CC Capers for this age group? I found for the younger ages (below 9) on cruiseclues, but my 12 & 13 yo travel companions are really curious about activities for their age.

age 12-14 groups are the one camps that have less participants.

This age group tends to hang out a lot together. Make sure those teens get to the first meeting to meet the other kids.. and take early dinner as the late ones will interfere with their time.

With the camps-- if there is not enough participation the activity is cancelled.

If you look for Fred (Wennifred)on the carnival board he does have capers for all age groups

Your ports are not going to change. Don't worry about it. Here is what the Liberty is doing currently.

They have 6 day cruises which go to Key West, Ocho Rios, & Grand Cayman. The 6 day cruises leave on a Sunday and return on a Saturday.

The 6 day itinerary alternates with these 8 day sailings. There are two different 8 day sailings currently. Myself, you, and the person asking about the 2/2/08 sailing are all on the PR-St.Thomas-Antigua-Tortola-Bahamas sailing, and the 2nd one which is Costa Maya-Costa Rica-Panama. They alternate these 8 day sailings on the weeks of the 8 day sailings.

Per Carnival's site they start the new Miami sailings on May 24th 2008. From what I can tell the alternate between 7 day Eastern and Western sailings.

The Eastern being: Miami, FL ; Half Moon Cay, Bahamas ; St. Thomas, USVI ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; Grand Turk ; Miami, FL

The Western being: Miami, FL ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Ocho Rios, Jamaica ; Miami, FL

I also see this Eastern sailing later on next year: Miami, FL ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; St. Maarten, NA ; Miami, FL

I brought some drinks onboard. I brought a 12 pack of pepsi a 8 pk of small bottles of coke ..for the rum some water bottles and packed it in a small suitcase I walked that right on the boat. I put the rum and vodka in water bottles and also some empty coke bottles the small plastic types and put that in my luggage. it went thru fine. We had a few drinks from the room but also in the other places we bought some. We also brought a few glasses for hot or cold drinks. I used it for hot tea or coffee at times too since the ship gets cold. Carnival Capers is open in the morning closes I think for lunch and opens again closes again for dinner time opens about 545 the kids can eat dinner with the other children too they will have a time set to go and listen to what they will do and what ages who can sign out and who cant. Its free till 10 pm then open till 3am We had a 7 year old who loved it. but we didnt put her in all the time. She spent time with us then in the afternoon she asked to go. We took her out for dinner with us. One night she wanted to eat with the kids. They always have something going for them keeping them busy making things etc...then late at night its slumber party time with a movie. I have to say I would give them a 10 for the way they handled children. There was 900 of them on the week of the 29th It really didnt seem like it at all.

Hey Carol!

Your ports are not going to change. Don't worry about it. Here is what the Liberty is doing currently.

They have 6 day cruises which go to Key West, Ocho Rios, & Grand Cayman. The 6 day cruises leave on a Sunday and return on a Saturday.

The 6 day itinerary alternates with these 8 day sailings. There are two different 8 day sailings currently. Myself, you, and the person asking about the 2/2/08 sailing are all on the PR-St.Thomas-Antigua-Tortola-Bahamas sailing, and the 2nd one which is Costa Maya-Costa Rica-Panama. They alternate these 8 day sailings on the weeks of the 8 day sailings.

Per Carnival's site they start the new Miami sailings on May 24th 2008. From what I can tell the alternate between 7 day Eastern and Western sailings.

The Eastern being: Miami, FL ; Half Moon Cay, Bahamas ; St. Thomas, USVI ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; Grand Turk ; Miami, FL

The Western being: Miami, FL ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Ocho Rios, Jamaica ; Miami, FL

I also see this Eastern sailing later on next year: Miami, FL ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; St. Maarten, NA ; Miami, FL

Thanks for this post. I was wondering when they will be doing the eastern out of Miami. I sail in August of 08'

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. :)

Damian is currently on the Liberty. He leaves on August 26th, I believe this has been a fairly long run for him. I don't know how long he will be off, but Brad Alexander is taking over for him. It's possible (though by no means guaranteed) that Brad will still be there on 9/29.

Laura

Thanks Laura!

Birdie16- Welcome! How about come join our Roll call thread. Sept 29, 2007, Liberty Western 8-day. We are having a Meet & Greet on Sun Sept 30th

Cheri

Thanks Cheri, I had looked for the Roll Call but could not find one...I will go search it out.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!

I'm on the 2007 Halloween Week Liberty cruise and have spent all afternoon reading these 35 pages of postings - what a lot of very good information.

Judson:)

can you do a synopsis of the 35 pages? lol

We're on a 6 day one for March 2008 and our ports are Nassau, Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios. Wouldn't mind if they swapped out Nassau for something else though. It's only a 1/2 day port anyway and morning to boot. Wish it was at least an afternoon port.

Ha, Ha, Ha

Synopsis?????

1. Everyone that has been on this ship loves it.

2. There are two formal nights on the 8 day cruise - Sunday and Friday.

3. Some people already know the DJ and the CD.

4. There is a laundry day special.

5. They serve coke and not pepsi.

6. Be sure and not cruise when school is out. :)

7. Ya have to eat at Harrys.

8. The ports are Costa Maya, Limon, and Colon.

9. Ya gotta do the Panama Canal tour regardless of price.

I got all those points loud and clear - LOL!!!

Judson

Hey RNCHHC

i don't want to like a pest but any luck in scanning those capers can you either post on the board or email them to me ( y7anks3@aol.com ) ..... it would be great to read a new up to date capers

thanks in advance

Anyone going on the 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise, might want to look at the following URL to read the Carnival Capers:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jlaconte5

hi dgp1111,

thanks for the info. i have 7362 across from the electrical station. would you say it's noisy? i'm a light sleeper.

cinnamon123

Cinnamon: Glad to see that my earlier "project" is still coming in handy to some. I didn't put any other info in my personal notes (just checked my book), so at the time I passed by that location, there was no extra noise noticed. Have a wonderful vacation - Bon Voyage!!

Even though I have already picked my room can they still upgrade me?

I think it can happen but chances are slim.

What part of VA are you from?

Anyone had any luck finding recent capers from the 8 day western? Can only find the 6 day and some 2 year old ones from Western.

Archived