How do you get what you want from Priceline?

santamaria

I have read from several of you about Priceline. We need room in Vancouver for one night after cruise (don't want to chance air connection). I'm assuming there is no way to guarantee hotel at pier or immediate area, or specifically water-view room. Is this right? I just enter # stars and price? Also, can you tell me cost and time to airport from that area. We will be arriving on Princess. Since my airport transport is included, I could just use that on arrival and stay at airport hotel, but that seemed too boring. We would have the whole day in Vancouver. Thanks

If you have special needs such as a view, Priceline isn't for you. When you bid and pay a fraction of the hotel's normal charges, assume that you'll get the cheapest room and be grateful if you get a good room or if the clerk upgrades you on check-in. I just got a 4-star hotel in Vancouver for $70. The lowest published room rate for that hotel was $270. I got a great location and I think most of the 4-starts are well located.

There is only about a half dozen 4 star hotel in Dwtown Vancouver. Be sure to check box the area marked Vancouver(thats downtown only) and thats where you want to be. We got the Marriott Pinnacle which is one block from Canada Place where most of the ships dock for $55 mid August. They have a shuttle to airport for $18pp. If think taxis run about $25 pp. As long as you check 4 star in the one area that you are interested which is Vancouver you will not be disappointed in what you get!!

www.geocities.com/warrnhu/wars/knight8.gif

Cunard Princess 9/83

Big Red Boat 10/95

Conquest 3/03

Spirit 8/04

There is a website called bid4travel.com or bidfortravel.com that explains the bidding process on Priceline. I got my room at the Hyatt in Vancouver for $70.00 for 8/13 and 8/14. I think I could have had it for $65.00, but I'm happy. Its a 4 star hotel.

Has anyone used Priceline for Vancouver Airport Hotels? We would like to stay our last night near airport as we have an early morning flight the next day. We would love to stay at the Fairmont that's right in the airport and it is rated 4 star. Has anyone gotten the Fairmont at the Airport through Priceline?

Until we set sail to Alaska on the Serenade of The Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

If you go to www.biddingfortravel.com you can check to see what hotels people have gotten in the past. This is no guarantee that you will get the same hotel(s). You will be bidding on a star level and location only. We use Priceline for all our hotel needs. Sometimes they're great, sometimes not so great, but we've only had a really cr*ppy one once.

RCI Majesty of the Seas 06/05/2000

RCI Enchantment of the Seas 12/09/2001

Carnival Conquest 12/01/2002

Norwegian Dawn 11/30/2003

Somebody's ship to Alaska 6/05

Life is too short to be unhappy!

I just checked and the Fairmont Vancouver Airport is the only 4* hotel anyone has gotten through Priceline, so it may very well be the only 4* hotel in the airport area. I'd say your chances are better than average of getting this hotel, assuming Priceline has inventory on the date you need.

RCI Majesty of the Seas 06/05/2000

RCI Enchantment of the Seas 12/09/2001

Carnival Conquest 12/01/2002

Norwegian Dawn 11/30/2003

Somebody's ship to Alaska 6/05

Life is too short to be unhappy!

Archived