Pre-cruise Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

We are cruising on the Enchantment and flying down to Ft. Lauderdale the day before. Can anybody recommend a nice hotel in the area with shuttle from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the cruiseport? Our cruise is on October 8th...I know it's early, just researching our options.

Thanks, Barbara

For our Enchantment cruise in May we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Air/Seaport. They have the shuttle to & from the airport & the port. Nice clean hotel, free breakfast the next morning. They have menus at the check in desk so you can even order dinner in & not have to out to eat.

The shuttle to the port is not that great though, we ended up taking a cab for $12. There were about 15 people waiting for the 1st shuttle with STACKS of luggage, no way would it have all fit.

We try to stay at HIX on 17th Ave as often as we can when cruising out of FLL. Hotel does have free shuttle to and from aiport. We generally take a taxi to the port as cost is very minimal and we can leave for the port whenever we want that way.

There are several hotels in the same area on 17th - Extended Stay and the Grand (formerly Marriott) and Renaissance come to mind.

Location for any of these hotels is great as there are many, many restaurants within walking distance; a Walgreens and Publix grocery are also within walking distance and the water taxi stand is located beside the Grand as well.

Dianne

It has been a couple of years, but we stayed at the amerisuites, right across from the embasy suites. They have a free shuttle from the airport and to the port. they make several trips. You just sign up early for what time you want to go. I believe it was less than a ten minute ride. They also have continental breakfast. Not too bad of a spread. There is several restuarants within walking distance. Hope this helps. If you go to valuetrips.com you can check out the price. Enjoy your cruise. Dave

We are cruising on the Enchantment and flying down to Ft. Lauderdale the day before. Can anybody recommend a nice hotel in the area with shuttle from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the cruiseport? Our cruise is on October 8th...I know it's early, just researching our options.

Thanks, Barbara

Hello Neighbor! We are in Dartmouth, MA! Would you happen to be cruising on the Enchantment on July 16th? That's when we are. We are flying in the day before and staying at Extended Stay America.

Barbara, stayed at the Sleepinn in Dania more than one. Great location with Publix, Walgreens and a great little Italian restaurant across the street. Also free shuttle from airport and to the ship. Check out the Fort Lauderdale board where you will get all the info you need

Hi Laurie...we are neighbors...no, we are going on October 8th..but I just came back from Carnival Liberty at end of April...great cruise..I love flying into Ft. Lauderdale..we just got our flight on Southwest to FLL for $160.00 out of Providence..round trip...what a deal! Enjoy your July cruise.

Barbara

Thanks everybody for your replies...I know it will help..this is the first time we've flown down a day before the cruise...but our non-stop flight out of Providence isnt landing in FLL until 2:15 and we thought it was cutting it a little close. This way we can extend our vacation another day...Yahoo

Last year I stayed at the embassy suites and really enjoyed it. They had a happy hour for two hours with an open bar, plus there was a nice little restaurant right across the street

I just got off the enchantment again last week and stayed at the holiday inn express. We too ended up taking a taxi. Very conflicting stories on the shuttle. We were told not to sign up, but apparently other hotel people did have a sign up sheet. Taxi isnt that expensive, no biggie. Breakfast was good, but there is no bar or restaurant in the hotel and nothing right around it either. I probably wouldnt stay there again, I enjoyed the embassy suites last year better

Another neighbor here.. Hello Beej! anytime pre or post i've checked price line and done well.. very well. you might want to try bidding for travel dot com to see how the prices have been. some of the hotels we've stayed at were the old Marriott Marina, Sheraton Yankee Trader.. and have always been happy with the hotels and prices.. just another alternative..

Weary

Another neighbor here.. Hello Beej! anytime pre or post i've checked price line and done well.. very well. you might want to try bidding for travel dot com to see how the prices have been. some of the hotels we've stayed at were the old Marriott Marina, Sheraton Yankee Trader.. and have always been happy with the hotels and prices.. just another alternative..

Weary

How was the Sheraton Yankee Trader? Our TA booked it for us prior to our cruise. Is the location close to the pier? Are there places to eat close by? Does the Sheration Yankee have breakfast? What about shuttles?

Thanks

Hi Weary, see you are still getting up early in the AM. I love priceline. Just used it for a wedding in NJ Cheapest room around was $175. Got rooms for $75, not bad.

I not only check bidding for travel. but for Florida i check to see what they are showing for the area hotels on biddingforfun.the usual. Lists Priceline and Hot Wire spots.

Gotta save every penny. Those slots and blackjack just keep calling; come feed me and play with me. I know you know that sirens voice.

Hope your weekend was great Take care and don't forget my hello to Tommy Beej

We have also stayed at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites FLL Airport in Hollywood. It has a free shuttle from airport and also to the cruise port, as well as free breakfast (continental plus make-your-own waffles). One of the best features of the hotel is its location - it is walking distance from a large movie theater plus several restaurants and shops. Definitely a fun place to spend a night pre-cruise. The hotel was definitely clean and in good condition, as well.

Archived