1 and 2 year-olds at dinner in sailor suits w/ shorts?

EmmaJean

OK, I should have read the boards before shopping...

I bought a few adorable sailor suits for my little 1 and 2 year old boys that are shorts for our Alaska cruise. They are adorable suits, but they are also shorts, which are a banned item in the dining room.

We'd wear them around the ship, but I think it will be too cold.

Have you ever seen little boys in sailor suits at dinner? Do you think we'll be sent away or will they just think they are cute because they are just little?

(For formal night I bought them a captains suit (with pants) and a tuxedo, so I know those will be fine.)

BTW We're sailing the Golden Princess in one week

I would say for that age (1 and 2 yaesr old) you should have no problem and they will be adorable. However, make sure to have a thin coat or something along for them just in case it's cold in the dining room. I think 1 year olds are just adorable in sailor suits. Unfortuantly, my 1 year old looks more like 2 or 3 so we are going the suit route for him. Make sure to post some pictures of the cuties when you get back.

Katie

If it's what I'm picturing, sailor suits are formal wear for babies! You mean something like this, right?http://www.babyultimate.com/sailor.html

I'll bet they'll be super cute! The only thing is that they might be chilly in the dining room - don't they usually keep the A/C blasting?

Yes, one of them is the Good Lad one a bit down on the page- long sleeves and no red tie. The other is a white sailor shirt with navy tie, and navy short with suspenders.

Nice to hear that sailor suits are considered dressed up! Yeah! I'd love to post their picture from Easter but I haven't figured out how to do it.

They'll have lots of jackets and blankets along to keep them warm. We'll just bring them to dinner.

It sounds like they will be adorable.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

They will be completely appropriate- I think it is great that you've put thought into it. I hope you have time to enjoy a four course meal! I know I wouldn't have with my kids. I am sure you and hubby will take turns with them.

I'd love to post their picture from Easter but I haven't figured out how to do it.

When you reply or post to a thread look at the paperclip up on the tool bar, next to the smiley. That will open up a place where you can upload a picture from your hard drive.

They may well be oohed and ahhed over to a dangerous degree! Personally I find little lads and lassies in sailor suits completely irresistable.

Isn't it funny that shorts would not be considered dress wear for children anymore? In earlier times, boys wore shorts exclusively--even in cold climates like England and Scotland--until they were well into adolescence.

saw kids wearing it on a princess carribean cruise. Small kids can get away with allmost anything. You didn't say where you are from, but last year we were on the sapphire princess in alaska. we are from florida and we were freezing most of the trip. so bring warm clothes for them

Bring em!!!!! I know you would probably need a flame resistant suit if you posted this on the regular board but I can tell you, the cutest thing in the world are babies/toddlers in sailor suits! How adorable!

You bring those outfits on the cruise and we wanna see pictures when you get back. :D

Isn't it funny that shorts would not be considered dress wear for children anymore? In earlier times, boys wore shorts exclusively--even in cold climates like England and Scotland--until they were well into adolescence.

I didn't know that. To think of it, wasn't it JFK Jr. that wore a little sailor outfit to his father's funeral? I also think I saw King somebody as a child in one on a PBS special, too.

I'll definitely be bringing the little shorts outfits, but still planning for COLD. After going "overboard" to buy them for them, I 'd better find some use for them...Perhaps I'd better plan another cruise so they can wear them again while they still fit.:)

I hope any extra attention for being cute will help them to be well mannered little guys, so their first cruise won't be their last. They are usually great going out for dinner and traveling, so I'm hoping for the best, but also expecting times that will be the worst.

I tried to upload the file of their picture, but it failed. Don't know...

Word is out now...we'll probably see lots of little sailors cruising.;) Mine little boys will fit right in.

I purchased a sailor suit with shorts for my 17 month old to wear. We are going on a caribbean cruise so he shouldn't be cold. The suits are adorable. I can't wait!!!

Just a word of advice...the dining rooms are FREEZING :eek: I think they do it to keep the men in suits comfortable...lol.

Now, with that being said, I still love to see toddlers in little sailor suits. Just grab an extra sweater or blanket just in case. I always bring extra little jackets to put over my girls dresses and even then I still hear "BRRRRR I feezin mama!" all through dinner. ;)

Archived