Freedom Of The Sea Questions

Does the Freedom of the sea offer a soda card for the week and so what is the cost.

What is the best way to travel from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami for the ship?

What is the real policy on bring a small amount of beer on board?

Thanks

Does the Freedom of the sea offer a soda card for the week and so what is the cost.

What is the best way to travel from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami for the ship?

What is the real policy on bring a small amount of beer on board?

Thanks

1. Yes. All RC ships charge the same price: $6 per day for 18 and older, $4 per day for under 18, plus 15% gratuity. I.E., 7 days x $6 + 15% = $48.30

2. There are many, many services and ways to do this. Standard cabs, shuttle bus, limo, private drivers, RC transfers (yuck), rent a car.

3. You can't. If it is found, they will take it away. If you choose to try and put it in your checked bag, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wrap it in at least TWO zip lock bags. If it breaks/leaks, the liquid should all be contained in the bags.

I don't care if you ruin your clothes with beer, but if your beer gets on MY stuff, I'm going to be a raging bull!

Personally, I'd recommend the transfers from RCI, mainly from the standpoint that if your incoming flight is delayed, you stand a much better chance of not missing the ship. They're looking for & expecting you, so they can contact the terminal if needed. The same goes for if there's a problem on the highway. At that point, you're under their care, so if for some reason a delay occurs that the vehicle doesn't get to the terminal in time, they take care of getting you to the next port of call. It's a low cost insurance against missing the ship.

You're going to love:) the Freedom. I was on her on the April 29th cruise. The only bad part of the cruise, was that the week went by way too fast:eek: , and I had to come home. Good luck & happy cruising.

Archived