Family Beaches

fivesenuff5

Are there any beaches for kids (7,8,10,10,13). My husband and I don't drink so my kids have never really been exposed to it. Are there any family friendly beaches with little or no drinking. We don't mind the drinking but don't want that to be the focus of the day.

• 4 weeks later...

I have exactly the same question. Our kids are 12 & 15 and I don't want to pay for open bar when I'm drinking Dr Pepper. I'm leaning toward taking a cab to Mahahual, but can you just snokel at the beach or do you have to "hang out" at a restaurant/bar? We'll only be there late afternoon for a few hours.

Someone please help!

thx,

Deanna

That is my plan to go to Mahajual Beach for the day to enjoy the shops, eating places and the beach. They have various websites about the beach itself. Just google the name of the beach. I have read good things about that place here on the boards.

Just came back from Costa Maya. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the beach in the afternoon, it was absolutely pouring with rain. We ate at Tapas and the skies cleared a bit just before we went back to the ship. If you take a taxi into Mahaul, most people stop at the first few bars/restaurants. Keep on walking (away from the cruise ship) and the bars thin out. We stopped at Luna de Plata, which was fairly far down, and it was deserted. It was also raining out! But you might want to try a little distance to get away from the crowds and drinking, while still having access to food and beach. Enjoy your trip.

Archived