Jr. Suite on Serenade for Alaska Cruise 2008

Hey everyone,

What’s a good location for a Jr. Suite on Serenade of the Sea, or any Radiance class actually? I am not familiar of that class, and we are looking at taking an Alaska cruise in 2008.

We are Jr. suite snobs...warning…once you go, you can never go back!!

Thanks,

Paul

If you can get it, the aft jr suites are wonderful with a huge balcony and amazing views. Actually any of the aft cabins are wonderful. If none of those is available then I would try for the hump. The radiance class is my favorite. Glass everywhere so there are amazing views everywhere around the ship. I am doing the Seranade to Alaska this August and I can't wait!!

Thanks for the info Sue. I was trying to figure out where the hump was on this ship? Does anyone have any information?

Thanks,

Paul

Look on the deck plans on the website for the Serenade and you will see the area around midship that bumps out.(pull up decks 7,8, or 9) That is the hump. The cabins on the edge of the hump have extra large balconies but you do have a restricted view of the either the front or back of the ship depending on what end you are on and can't see the length of the ship directly along the ship. . The ones in the middle have normal size balconies but you can see both forward and aft. The floor plans look like the elevator are right there but they aren't they are behind a little wall. The are extremely convenient rooms.

Hi Paul

We had JS 1592 on Serenade in February. Perfect overhang over the balcony, excellent views. The only thing you need to think about is the fact that there is a good deal of noise up above at certain times. It was really only an issue the first night, from then on we were so exhausted when we went to bed that it didn't matter anymore:)

I would book that same JS anytime in a heartbeat, it was perfect and had all of the new bedding by the time the cruise was completed.

Have a great cruise

Dee

We just sailed the May 12th sailing on the Serenade to Alaska. We had the corner aft JS on the 10th deck, JS 1100. This is an awesome cabin with an oversized balcony. This has to be our favorite cabin ever for just DH and me. Our room steward was the best! The Serenade is a beautiful ship and we had a great time. Alaska is a must for all cruise lovers. Enjoy!

We were in 1602. It had an awesome balcony. We hosted the Sailaway Party and had about 20 people attend. Lots of room. Have a fun cruise! ~ LL

(Our cabin was on the Radiance, but the ships have the same layout, both being Radiance-Class ships.)

Archived