Hilton Hotels - Cocoa Beach

reeses

We plan to spend two nights pre-cruise in Cocoa Beach. Using points, we can stay for free at Hilton properties. Any opinions on Hilton, Doubletree and Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach? We are a family of 4 (kids age 14 and 17) and are willing to splurge on two rooms if needed. We're mostly interested in the beach and pool and will have a rental car. I posted this earlier on the Port Canaveral thread, but it appears to have gotten lost amid other topics.

Thanks!

We stayed at the Hilton for one night in March of this year. It looks like an older building ut has been remodeled inside. Even with remodel, I could still see some wear and tear in areas such as the elevator and the door frames to the room. We got upgraded to an Ocean View room, but we didn't spend much time in the room and really that much of an advantage. The bathroom didn't have a seperate sink area from the toliet and tub area and would get pretty steamed up after each shower.

The hotel had a pool that was a little on the small size, a big deck area with chairs. The Tiki bar is literally a couple of feet from the pool, with a little fence seperating them. I think the outside bar closed at 7 p.m. Access to the beach is a walk down a wooden walkway. For a fee (I think $25 - $30), you get two chairs, small table and an umbrella on the beach. They had towels by the pool that you could take to the beach, but they weren't that big. They also rented boogie boards and surf boards, and I think they offered lessons.

All in all, it was an OK Hotel, and is more of a business hotel, and I'm not sure what else there is to keep teenagers happy, other than the beach.

A Publix grocery store is just north of the hotel, Ron Jon's is about 1 1/2 miles north, and Kennedy is about 10 miles north.

For what it's worth, I loved the Residence Inn. I know you would have to pay for it but we got a great 2 bdrm suite with to full bedrooms with king beds and their own bathroom(the vanity is outside the washroom), a great living room with pullout sofa and full kitchen. It is new and in wonderful shape with breakfast included. Though it is not on the beach, it has a pool and hottub outdoors that was very quiet. We stayed here with 3 couples and loved it. I believe we paid $179 per night.

We plan to spend two nights pre-cruise in Cocoa Beach. Using points, we can stay for free at Hilton properties. Any opinions on Hilton, Doubletree and Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach? We are a family of 4 (kids age 14 and 17) and are willing to splurge on two rooms if needed. We're mostly interested in the beach and pool and will have a rental car. I posted this earlier on the Port Canaveral thread, but it appears to have gotten lost amid other topics.

Thanks!

Good morning there,

Now the Hilton just took over the Doubletree and Hampton Inn only last year.

During the hurricanes of 2004, almost all the hotels here got hit very bad and in fact, the Hilton was closed for almost a year for renovations etc - the Hilton is not really close to much except the beach and if you are coming down between now and September, we do have the turtle watches which the hotels provide information on watching the turtle lay their eggs. It is a very interesting process.

The Hampton Inn is closer to Ron Jon's, shopping, the dinosaur store, ice cream shops etc that kids enjoy. The Cocoa Beach Pier is about one mile North of the Hampton Inn on Meade Street which right next door to the Day's Inn. The Cocoa Beach Pier offers different types of activities including surfing, volley ball and fishing.

Anyhow good luck in your endeavors and I am sure which ever choice you make, will be a good one.

Always

Shirley

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I too like Residence Inns, but figured we needed to save some money somewhere on this trip. We'll definitely look into the turtles. We'll be down in July. I had read some reviews about wear and tear on the hotels - to be expected I guess with the weather. We are also looking at the Hilton in Melbourne if anyone has any thoughts on that.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I too like Residence Inns, but figured we needed to save some money somewhere on this trip. We'll definitely look into the turtles. We'll be down in July. I had read some reviews about wear and tear on the hotels - to be expected I guess with the weather. We are also looking at the Hilton in Melbourne if anyone has any thoughts on that.

I do not know if you would be interested or not, but the Luna Seas which is on the West side of A1A had a sign out on their marquee today with the cost of rooms at $69.00 - now the LS is a mom and pop owned motel and it isn't on the ocean side, but when I went by to check it out, it was very clean and staff friendly, but of course like anything anywhere, things change. I have their website at work, so will post it tomorrow.

always

Shirley

Archived