Goff's Caye (w/ ship) vs Coral Breeze vs Belize Shore Tours (Ecological Tours)

the_dylaness

Hello all! I am looking for some advice/opinions about what shore tour to do in Belize. I have been to Belize before and done cave tubing (butts up!) and am now visiting for a second time with my mother, who has never been. We would like to do a scuba/snorkeling combination excursion where we can go with the same company, so we can both head in the same direction when we get into port and make it back together. I am very lucky to be able to take a third vacation this year (this cruise) but in order to do so we're doing it on the cheap- inside cabin, here we come! Here are our three choices:

1. Goff's Caye through Carnival

Pros: pick up at ship, convenient, inexpensive ($59), has gotten nice reviews

Cons: no scuba for me, only 3.5 hours long. We are both good swimmers and experienced snorkelers who strongly dislike "follow the leader" style snorkelling. Just take me somewhere pretty and get me in the water please! Also don't like huge groups.

2. Coral Breeze

Pros: We can go together, I can scuba and she can snorkel, slightly longer than ship tour, pickup at tourism village right next to tendering area

Cons: a little more expensive (I think about 125 for me, 75 for her, incl lunch.)

3. Belize Shore Tours (Ecological Tours)

Pros: Cessna flight from Belize City (not sure if we meet at tourism village or not) over the reef- how cool! We arrive on the same plane, take separate boats for our tours (this is fine) and then end up at same beach/restaurant area (this is okay too.)

Cons: Expensive. $165 for me, $105 for her, not including lunch.

Anyone who has done any of these; any comments? Is the Cessna tour worth all the extra $$$? We flew to a small island on the Great Barrier Reef of Australia in a six seater plane, and it was the first time in my life that the postcards of the place were actually LESS beautiful than the place itself! So we would love to have another similar memory, but it is rather pricey.

Well this just got a little easier and a little harder...

Option #2, Coral Breeze, is out of the picture. Apparently they are no longer offering their Caye Caulker scuba/snorkel combo trip. Any other outfits anyone know of that does this?

Archived