Carnival Food

CrusinGirl3

My cruise is getting closer and I am just salivating at the thought of all the wonderful food. Do you all have any not to miss dishes that you'd recommend? I know that I don't ever want to miss out on Minestrone soup, Lobster tails...what else do you all suggest?

My husband and I went on a 7 night cruise in February. Things we loved: Lobster bisque, mushroom ragout (appetizer item) it was sautee'd mushrooms on a puff pastry that was sooo tasty, the lamb and beef dishes were fantastic. I didn't really care for any of the pasta dishes but loved the seafood and meat dishes. Cream of mushroom soup one night was really good also. Enjoy, we loved the food!

DD and I were on Carnival 3/04 and I have sailed Carnival 12/99 and 12/01.

For dinner we generally chose seafood (shrimp/lobster) or beef as these are things we seldom make at home. SS also was real happy with lamb and duck as these "are a few of her favorite things". Generally for desert I ate anything chocolate and she loved all the cheesecakes.

I love the variety of food Carnival offers.

Appetizers - Escargots, Seared Ahi Tuna, MS Delta Prawns Cocktail (shrimp cocktail), Sauteed Langostino

Soups - Chilled Strawberry, Fresh Mushroom (and I don't even like m'rooms!), Gazpacho

Seafood - Delice of the Sea, Lobster tails, Chilean Sea Bass

Beef - Chateaubriand, Beef Wellington, Filet Mignon

The Long Island Duckling was good, as was the lamb.

Breads - Everything in the basket is good, especially the sun-dried tomato bread.

Desserts - Grand Marnier Souffle', Hazelnut Creme Brulee'

Sorry, I have to stop now. I'm drooling!:D

I would agree with the previous post, the Chauteaubriand was out of this world and if you are watching your weight or diabetic (like I am) the diet banana cake is to die for! You cannot taste the difference and its a light way to finish off a meal but my advice - have 2 - they're small....lol...

Don't forget to try the pizza - it's great, my favourite was the goat's cheese. And on the sea days, afternoon tea is lovely.

We travelled on to Italy after our Paradise cruise in May, and I made myself very unpopular by declaring Carnival pizza better than any I tried there.

Have a great cruise !

Hilary T

You could ask the Maitre d' (or the purser) and you might just get lucky. I know the menus are posted just outside the dining rooms on a daily basis, but I bet they'd give you the week's menu if you smiled and asked nicely....;)

I got the whole week's menus from our wonderful waiter. He asked the assistant Maitre d' - who photocopied them for me. This was day 6 of the cruise, not sure if they would give them out earlier, but you can try.

Did I mention the pizza ?

Hilary T

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived