Leaving Harwich - how early should I get off the ship

We have had a great deal of discussion about how to get to the English ports. Now I am looking at how to leave. I am not going the same way as I arrived as I am calling in to see family for a few days.

I have got to go from Harwich to Nottingham.

I have done several searches and after getting a shock from the first ticket prices - I saved $80 on the 3 seats by telling the computer that I wanted to go via Ipswich. This leaves me with my question.

If we miss the 8.58 train we will have a fairly long wait. I remember the ship throwing you off fairly early. I have also read that the Harwich International train station is very near to the port. Will I be needing to ask for my luggage to be leaving the ship 'early'? I do like to have a good margin of time for any travel arrangements. Can any one who has done the trip tell me what time I should be planning to be standing by the ship with my suitcases.

• 1 month later...
We have had a great deal of discussion about how to get to the English ports. Now I am looking at how to leave. I am not going the same way as I arrived as I am calling in to see family for a few days.

I have got to go from Harwich to Nottingham.

I have done several searches and after getting a shock from the first ticket prices - I saved $80 on the 3 seats by telling the computer that I wanted to go via Ipswich. This leaves me with my question.

If we miss the 8.58 train we will have a fairly long wait. I remember the ship throwing you off fairly early. I have also read that the Harwich International train station is very near to the port. Will I be needing to ask for my luggage to be leaving the ship 'early'? I do like to have a good margin of time for any travel arrangements. Can any one who has done the trip tell me what time I should be planning to be standing by the ship with my suitcases.

The train platform is next to the ship,could not be any closer,I assume you are taking the train to Peterborough then on to Nottingham

Even so ,you have plenty of time to catch the train.

Will not be an hassle for luggage.

PS we are taking the train to and from the ship 10 Sept RCCL.being from the U.K ,find it easier to take the train ,than driving and parking at the port.

Archived