Books

teripp

A suggestion on reading material that you are finished with.

I make it a habit to offer any books (usually current and hard cover) that I have finished with to the room steward (or maid if you are on land) for their use. This is for two reasons. First I do not want to carry home hard cover books that I have already read and second, I would prefer to see someone else enjoy the book . I just can not throw out a book no matter if it is hard cover or paperback. The room steward can offer it to friends if he or she has already read the book or they can add it to the crew library. It is always greatly appreciated and never taken in a negative way. Just a suggestion......:)

I always leave my books behind when I'm finished - mostly because I read mysteries and you can really only read them once unless you've got a really bad memory. The other alternative is to leave them in the library where they will happily be added to the existing group of books. We tend to do this because most of our stewards have not been English-as-a-first language folks.

Either however will get books into other people's hands and I'm always in favor of that.

Charlie

We always leave our books behind as well. Gave them to the library. Never thought about giving them to the crew. Good idea.

I know a few times we have taken magazines along with us and of course we threw them in the garbage can in the cabin when we were done reading them. One time we saw our cabin steward reading one of the magazines in his tiny work area. He saw us and thanked us for the magazines. He said that they often share magazines down in the crew area.

Agree with the magazines ... one time I had a (really bad) manicure in the spa, and the girls there were thirsty for Hollywood dirt. We usually buy a People and Entertainment Weekly for mindless reading on the plane. When we were done, we gave them to the girls in the spa, and they were thrilled to get them.

Glad to see others are of the same mind. :)

I did not even think about people who do not read english!!! But I will still offer to the crew or as I do in the bahamas the staff. Love to share the books and appreciate it with people who share with me. Great idea about the magazines. I too bring mindless magazines to read on the plane. I will take them off the plane next time and offer them too. Great idea!!!!!:)

Archived