West Coast Cruisers I have great New (Mariner of the Seas coming March 2009)

Don't take it personally. This subject has been discussed for a long time and most of us understand that there are a number of technical problems that need to be addressed before such an action is possible - among them the availability of a drydock facility capable of handling a Voyager class ship. Perhaps by 2009 this will be moot. Some may even question whether or not the limited itineraries that are possible from LA can sustain a steady flow of passengers needed to fill a Voyager class ship for an extended period of time. The Caribbean, with its large number and variety of itineraries, is currently experience weak bookings. Will the Mexican Riviera ports of call create sufficient long-term demand to justify basing such a large ship in California for a significant length of time? I am sure that RCI executives have examined this question, and if they have decided to take that risk, you will in fact see Mariner or another Voyager class ship based there in the not too distant future.

You should also realize that some of the skepticism about the Independence being home-ported in Port Canaveral is due to the fact that the official press release announcing that the Independence would sail in Europe for the first months after its debut specifically said that it would then reposition to Ft. Lauderdale. There is nothing that says that RCI can't change its mind and, if the port can be dredged to the necessary extent that it can handle a Freedom class ship, they might do so with the Independence. Just forgive us if we are a bit reluctant to jump to conclusions without more concrete evidence. Most of us follow the Reagan motto: "Trust, but verify".:)

negc,

You have to log onto cruising power first then go to cruisematch online which is located under booking tools and is the online booking tool and type in the information. If you have never used cruisematch before there is a pdf guide located in the left hand corner which will explain how to use it.

Below is the itinerary that is loaded

LINE-RCC SHIP-MARINER OF THE SEAS DATE-15MAR09 LEN-07

ITINERARY -7 NIGHT MEXICAN RIVIERA CRUISE

DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART COMMENTS

15MAR LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 500P DOCKED

16MAR CRUISING CRUISING

17MAR CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 1030A 600P TENDERED

18MAR MAZATLAN, MEXICO 800A 530P DOCKED

19MAR PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO 800A 800P DOCKED

20MAR CRUISING CRUISING

21MAR CRUISING CRUISING

22MAR LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 700A DOCKED

negc,

You have to log onto cruising power first then go to cruisematch online which is located under booking tools and is the online booking tool and type in the information. If you have never used cruisematch before there is a pdf guide located in the left hand corner which will explain how to use it.

Below is the itinerary that is loaded

LINE-RCC SHIP-MARINER OF THE SEAS DATE-15MAR09 LEN-07

ITINERARY -7 NIGHT MEXICAN RIVIERA CRUISE

DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART COMMENTS

15MAR LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 500P DOCKED

16MAR CRUISING CRUISING

17MAR CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 1030A 600P TENDERED

18MAR MAZATLAN, MEXICO 800A 530P DOCKED

19MAR PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO 800A 800P DOCKED

20MAR CRUISING CRUISING

21MAR CRUISING CRUISING

22MAR LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 700A DOCKED

Thanks, Joe. I could really learn to hate cruisingpower.com.:D I can get only so far but none of the pull down menus get me to cruisematch, so I am stymied. Will have to speak to our RCI rep about the problem. It may be my server but I have tried Foxfire, IE, and Safari with equal lack of success.:(

Are you able to find anything on her repositioning to LA from Port Canaveral?

wow! this will be great for those on the west coast! congrats to you-

i also saw a rhapsody sailing mar 08 or 09 from new orleans- may be a rci site glitch? would be neat if it happens...:)

it is March 08, but it is listed as NA across the board. Rhapsody was originally going to NO before they announced the asian cruises, so not sure what this it

negc,

After you log in the third tab over should say booking tools and when you place your mouse over it it should say cruisematch online. When you get there it takes you to cruisematch which uses dos type commands which is why the PDF is necessary to explain how to utilize it. However, the reason you may not have access is that your agency has not provided you with access to cruise Match. Your agency administrator would have to choose to have you enrolled in cruisematch for you to utilize this feature. Also, with regards to the repo they have a gap in the mariner's itineraries after December until it starts from LA in march so there is no repo listed as of yet.

If this happens... anyone interested in a CC group cruise? Preferably the week of June 21st - but any summer week would be good! This would allow those that can only sail during summer break to participate in a group cruise on the West Coast!

If there is enough interest, I will be happy to head it up. Yes - I am THAT excited if this really happens!

negc,

After you log in the third tab over should say booking tools and when you place your mouse over it it should say cruisematch online. When you get there it takes you to cruisematch which uses dos type commands which is why the PDF is necessary to explain how to utilize it. Also, with regards to the repo they have a gap in the mariner's itineraries after December until it starts from LA in march so there is no repo listed as of yet.

If you find out anything on the repo.......please post it........it has to get to LA somehow........that should be a great repo cruise.

negc,

After you log in the third tab over should say booking tools and when you place your mouse over it it should say cruisematch online. When you get there it takes you to cruisematch which uses dos type commands which is why the PDF is necessary to explain how to utilize it. However, the reason you may not have access is that your agency has not provided you with access to cruise Match. Your agency administrator would have to choose to have you enrolled in cruisematch for you to utilize this feature. Also, with regards to the repo they have a gap in the mariner's itineraries after December until it starts from LA in march so there is no repo listed as of yet.

Thanks, Joe, I'll have to have a word with my agency administrator (my wife) LOL.

If RCI does move the Mariner out here to the WC, then I wonder if they'll keep it doing the Mex. Riv. itineraries year-round? Hopefully, they wouldn't send it up North to Alaska during the summer.

This summer, all we have here is the Carnival Pride doing 7 night itins. and it's frustrated a lot of my clients who don't want to cruise on Carnival. I sure think they'd be able to fill a ship that size during the summer at least.

I believe they are leaving Vision down for Summer 2008... not a bigger ship, but the first time RCCL has been represented on the 7-day during summer since 2004 when Legend was here.

Now I feel like that Mervyn's commercial OPEN OPEN OPEN :)

negc,

Your wife can enroll you for cruisematch online via the account management tab at the top of cruising power since her account would be the administrator account. It shouldn't take more then about 5 minutes to do and then you can book cruises for customers online at any hour of the day instead of calling on the phone if you choose.

If RCI does move the Mariner out here to the WC, then I wonder if they'll keep it doing the Mex. Riv. itineraries year-round? Hopefully, they wouldn't send it up North to Alaska during the summer.

This summer, all we have here is the Carnival Pride doing 7 night itins. and it's frustrated a lot of my clients who don't want to cruise on Carnival. I sure think they'd be able to fill a ship that size during the summer at least.

those of us that sail out of Galveston feel your pain. we will not have a RCCL shipe from Sept 2 until Dec 23!!! What is up with that?

[quote name='isujim']Independence is still showing out of Ft. Lauderdale through March 29, 09[/QUOTE] The RCCL website shows Independence picking up Jewel's itinerary out of Fort Lauderdale (8 day eastern/9 day western). Have been pricing the Eastern Itinerary. Hope this does not mean Port C would be left without a big ship. Easiest port for us to sail from.

[quote name='isujim']Sounds like pretty good confirmation to me:D ..............looks like it will finally happen for the west coast.[/quote]

Makes sense to me Jim with the Genesis coming out in late 09. I see either the Liberty or Freedom moving to Pt. Canaveral to make room for the Genesis.

[quote name='suziehmkr']If this happens... anyone interested in a CC group cruise? Preferably the week of June 21st - but any summer week would be good! This would allow those that can only sail during summer break to participate in a group cruise on the West Coast!

If there is enough interest, I will be happy to head it up. Yes - I am THAT excited if this really happens![/quote]

YES! I would love it! DH is a teacher and it's really hard to find a 7 day cruise out of LA that falls on his time off. His district is a modified year-round and this would be PERFECT!

[quote name='AdMaven']YES! I would love it! DH is a teacher and it's really hard to find a 7 day cruise out of LA that falls on his time off. His district is a modified year-round and this would be PERFECT![/quote]

Great! I am going to keep a list and when the itinerary is officially announced we will work on making it official. :D

[quote name='suziehmkr']Great! I am going to keep a list and when the itinerary is officially announced we will work on making it official. :D[/quote]

Start the Roll Call Tina! :D

Please, please, please let this be true!

[quote name='isujim']Independence is still showing out of Ft. Lauderdale through March 29, 09[/QUOTE]

Then the Independence will be doing a TA on April 12, 2009 -- I am booked on that cruise. I don't know where she goes after that sailing, we leave the ship in Southhampton.

Paula

[quote name='suziehmkr']If this happens... anyone interested in a CC group cruise? Preferably the week of June 21st - but any summer week would be good! This would allow those that can only sail during summer break to participate in a group cruise on the West Coast!

If there is enough interest, I will be happy to head it up. Yes - I am THAT excited if this really happens![/quote]
Hey Tina count us in... Your old friends from the Legend. School would be out and that would be great so Megan could also join us. Even though we have done the Mexican Riveria many times, we would do it again if we can sail on the Mariner of the Seas. Don't like the hassle of getting on a plane, so we love the west coast cruises.

Mike

Archived