Leaving on the Mariner June 6 - Questions

bellbtm

Hi there -

I will be sailing on the Mariner on June 6. As my date gets closer and my thoughts of packing are here , can someone please advise if a sweater is recommended in the dining areas. I plan on having several short sleeve blouses for dinner and am wondering if a sweater would be recommended.

Also, anyone recently off of the Mariner that can advise what the weather was like - temperature / rain wise?

TIA!!

Bellbtm,

I was on the Mariner a week ago and would suggest taking a sweater to have just in case. I was too hot and too cold on several occassions (as were others in my party). The main dining room was almost always too warm - especially if you're seated in the middle under the large light fixture. However, places like La Veranda could get very chilly and drafty when outside doors were being opened and closed. Also, I found myself cold in some of the public rooms. You shouldn't drag a sweater around, but definitely have one available so you can run back to your room and grab it if needed.

The weather for us was unusual in that it was sunny everyday and and not too cold. But typically you can expect overcast/sprinkles and temps ranging from the low-50s to low 60s.

Have a great time!

Michael

Our temps outside were upper 40's-50's, after the first day of 60's. We did not need a sweater on board, and Compass Rose was especially warm as stated by TxnAquarian. I was in short sleeves or sleeveless usually and was fine if not warm. Only place you may need a sweater is sitting outside for dinner at La Veranda, unless you are cold natured.

We were on the Mariner for the Panama Canal and I found the dining room very cold, so I would take a wrap of some kind. Of coarse, there were nights when no wrap was needed, but should bring something in case.

We were on the Mariner from 5-23 to 5-30. If you are suseptible to motion sickness you may want to bring something for the Seward to Sitka stretch. My wife got motion sickness from the 15 to 18 foot seas and needed phenergan from the reception desk.That did the trick for her but it pretty much wiped out that day for her. My sons and I were OK.

I hope you have better weather, it was uniformly damp and dreary after the first day, as expected.

Most of the time I was warm if I wore a sweater on the ship indoors.

Archived