Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruise June 3 - Family Verandas - any motion?

RCQ

Hello,

Yup, we're leaving on the Celebrity Infinity's June 3rd Alaska cruise, and can't wait. We have one of the Family Veranda cabins (7201) at the back of the ship. It is one of the inside ones, not one the outside ones with the big balcony, unfortunately. Anyway, can anyone tell me if there is much motion on these cabins? Do we need to worry about motion sickness? In the past, we've done a Mediterranean cruise on RCL's Splendor of the Seas, and had no problems. But our Oceanview cabin there was in the middle of the ship, on the second-lowest deck, which would be quite optimal for not experiencing motion.

Appreciate all anyone can tell me: thanks!

RCQ

Hello "neighbor down the hall", we will be in 7202 on June 3. As for motion, we are not sure. We have never been in an aft cabin. We've only taken one other cruise, it was on the Millenium and we had no trouble with sea sickness. We did spend a lot of time on the aft end of the ship at the bar and there were no problems. Looking forward to the cruise we leave on May 31.

Phil and Belinda

I've been in the AFT cabins twice now, once on the Infinity for the Alaskan Cruise and on the Connie last year for the Baltic. The slight motion we experienced back there on both cruises didn't bother us a bit, however we had great weather on both cruises. Unless you hit rough water at some point on your cruise, I believe you won't have any problem with sea sickness.

We love those aft cabins and have the FV on the corner for our Panama cruise this fall and a CC aft on our Australia/New Zealand cruise in 2009. I'm expecting rougher waters on those 2 cruises so I will likely take a sea band just to be on the safe side. Enjoy your FV AFT, you will love it!

Diana

We just got off the Infinity for the 13 night May 7th - May 20th cruise that sailed from San Francisco to Vancounver. We were right up the hall from your room so might shed some light on the movement of the ship. Deck 7 is the best although I don't think there was a bad room on this beautiful ship. This is the most stable cruise I have ever encountered and becasue this was my 7th sailing out of San Francisco, I know it is usually quite rough water, especially when sailing north north up to Alaska. It really never bothered me at all on the entire cruise and I am usually sensitive to this when there is a lot of movement. Our table mates said it was all in my head, but I have found great relief from the $5 sea bands and ginger tablets --- both preventative. If you wait until it already takes hold, it is hard to recover at that point.

Anyhow, I never felt any movement at all on deck 7 so think you should be ok. I believe that aft is better than forward any day. I did notice that aft in the formal dining room did have quite a bit of vibration, but not the type of movement that causes sea sickness. Hope you enjoy!!

The higher the deck you're on, the more motion.

The further away from the middle, the more motion.

And of course...

The higher the waves, the more motion.

The further the waves are apart from each other, the more motion.

Best Regards,

Floris

We were also on the Infinity May 7-20, SFO to YVR in FV 9199. You will wonder why you never found these before. Our weather was great with little of any motion from the ocean. Get your sea sick medication from the Guest Relation desk - it is one of the free things provided. Take it before you need it. Our trip was wonderful, you will enjoy the new carpets and bedding. Have a great trip, don't let the little burps spoil your trip.

Bruton Branch

25 cruises:)

Archived