5 people in a cabin on Carnival Paradise?

CableKC

When I went on their website...most of the rooms say that it can sleep up to 4....but when I look for rooms and indicate that there is 5 people....it shows rooms that I can pick from.

Although the 5th person in my room is going to be my 3 year old....and therefore sleeping in my bed with my wife and I....there would be no problem with having a need for any additional bed.

I was always under the impression that you can only have 4 people MAX in a room ( any room ) on the Carnival Paradise.

Is that the case ( for Carnival Paradise or any cruise line )?

or

Can you only fit 5 people in one of the higher end cabins ( as in some Jr. Suite or higher )?

Any help would be appreciated. I am in the midst of deciding whether we should go on a cruise or stick to the standard LegoLand/SeaWorld/DisneyLand trip for the July 4th week.

Its best to get 2 connecting cabins, so that you can share 2 bathrooms.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Fred

Thanks.....but with 2 couples...I was thinking that its better to stay in 1 cabin for the 5 of us to save some money.

If its possible for the 5 of us ( specifically my wife, 3 year old son, grandma, grandpa and myself ) to fit into one cabin....then I would prefer it over getting 2 seperate cabins. Usually, whenever we go anywhere with my parents....we share a room...so its not a problem for us.

On the Paradise, I would suggest going with a suite...unless grandma and grandpa are younger and don't mind sleeping in bunk beds. The suite may have a couch that pulls out. I have heard of them bringing in an additional bed...roll away style...for the 5th/3rd person depending on cabin type.

If its possible for the 5 of us ( specifically my wife, 3 year old son, grandma, grandpa and myself ) to fit into one cabin.... .

Wait alittle longer, save up the extra cash and get your grandpa and grandma their own cabin, save them the aggravation of using the bathroom and having peace of mind. Those cabins are not big enough for 4 people let alone 5. There are Travel Agencies that offer +55 years of age rates and Military Discounts also.

Fred

a typical cabin on a ship is probably less than half the size of a average size hotel room. It's quite different stuffing 4 adults into a cabin than a hotel room.

and yes, you'd have bunk beds.

You'll be miserable. save up the money and get two cabins.

To actually answer the OP's question. Yes, Paradise can accomodate 5 people in an inside 4A (cheapest category) cabin. You do not have to have a higher priced cabin to accomodate 5 people, but it will be very close quarters.

I was looking into booking an inside cabin with my friend, my 6 year old DD, and my friend's 5 and 7 year old DDs. I talked to my TA, and it is definitely possible to do this.

As previous posters have said however, there will be two bottom beds that can be pushed together to make one double bed, two upper beds (aka bunk beds with ladders to get up there), and a roll-away bed that they will set up at night for the 5th person.

As it happens my brother decided to come along on the cruise too, so we are getting two cabins- me, my brother and my DD in one cabin, and my friend and her two DDs in the other cabin.

When are you planning on going? We're going to be booking on the Paradise on 10/15/07.

To actually answer the OP's question. Yes, Paradise can accomodate 5 people in an inside 4A (cheapest category) cabin. You do not have to have a higher priced cabin to accomodate 5 people, but it will be very close quarters.

I was looking into booking an inside cabin with my friend, my 6 year old DD, and my friend's 5 and 7 year old DDs. I talked to my TA, and it is definitely possible to do this.

As previous posters have said however, there will be two bottom beds that can be pushed together to make one double bed, two upper beds (aka bunk beds with ladders to get up there), and a roll-away bed that they will set up at night for the 5th person.

As it happens my brother decided to come along on the cruise too, so we are getting two cabins- me, my brother and my DD in one cabin, and my friend and her two DDs in the other cabin.

When are you planning on going? We're going to be booking on the Paradise on 10/15/07.

I'm debating whether we should go during the July 4th week. I have gone on one of the Paradise standard rooms that fit 4 of us where everyone slept in bunkbeds...so I have a general idea about how small the room is.

How much bigger are the suites compared to the regular inside/oceanview cabins?

Thanks.....but with 2 couples...I was thinking that its better to stay in 1 cabin for the 5 of us to save some money.

I don't recommend it. If you cannot book a large cat 9 aft cabin, even a cat11 is going to be tight for four adults and a toddler. There are many cruises that you can get 2 connecting cat8s for the price of one cat 11.

We have cruised catt 11 on ccl and jr suite on RCI with our 2dds and changing to 2 8Gs connecting for the space, sinks, showers, toilets and privacy. While the setup of a Cat11 is fantastic, IMO, it would be a stretch for 4 adults preparing for a formal evening with one toddler.

3 adults was a tight fit for us. Inside cabin V20, first cruise a few years ago. All three adults in our 50's, married couple and female friend. Left the beds seperated & rollaway, but very tight quarters when getting ready for dinner.

Skiorcruise

I don't recommend it. If you cannot book a large cat 9 aft cabin, even a cat11 is going to be tight for four adults and a toddler. There are many cruises that you can get 2 connecting cat8s for the price of one cat 11.

We have cruised catt 11 on ccl and jr suite on RCI with our 2dds and changing to 2 8Gs connecting for the space, sinks, showers, toilets and privacy. While the setup of a Cat11 is fantastic, IMO, it would be a stretch for 4 adults preparing for a formal evening with one toddler.

There is no cat 8 or 9 on the Paradise. It is a Fantasy class ship. We had the cat 12 which has a sitting room(convertable double sofa) in addition to the regular cabin size and a deck. Only suite do on this class. (Cat11 on this class also only allows three passengers)

Most times you can get 2 IS for about the same price.

They will bring in the roll a way for the fifth, in the room that allowe for this. You can let them know the little one is sleeping with you. Maybe one on the G-parents will want the roll a way instead of the top bunk

We have done 5 in an inside cabinseveral times and had no problems. Never had a problem with getting ready or anything.

2 Adults and 3 kids right? Thats ok, but we are talking 4 Adults and one 3 year old child.

We just got off Paradise last week and we were only 2 in a cabin, and IMHO there is no way would I be able to be in an OV with 5....for a few days maybe a Cat. 12, as they have balconies also, but you would really be much better off getting the adjoining inside cabins with 2 bathrooms. :)

2 Adults and 3 kids right? Thats ok, but we are talking 4 Adults and one 3 year old child.

Two of the kids are 18 and 19 so I would say 4 adults and 1 13 year old.The other adult was my sister so five ladies. We didn't have any problems.

Two of the kids are 18 and 19 so I would say 4 adults and 1 13 year old.The other adult was my sister so five ladies. We didn't have any problems.

There is a big difference between Teens and Grandparents. Your 18, 19 year old Teens would sleep under the bed if you let them :D Grandparents on the other hand have aches n pains and require more of a restful sleep.

Fred

Get 2 rooms! Your not going to save enough money for the aggravation it will cause with such a small living space with that many adults. Maybe children but not adults. My sister had 3 adults in her cabin on the Paradise and it was very tight situation.

I hate to say this but, there will be so much crap laying on the floor, from luggage bags, clothing and shoes, the last thing you need is for one of your grandparents to trip over something and hurt themselves. Get them the extra cabin and be done with it.

Fred

If its possible for the 5 of us ( specifically my wife, 3 year old son, grandma, grandpa and myself ) to fit into one cabin....then I would prefer it over getting 2 seperate cabins. Usually, whenever we go anywhere with my parents....we share a room...so its not a problem for us.[/quote\\

We were on the Paradise back in Sept of 06 and we had 5 in our room. I thought the space for all of us was just fine. We were not in our room much so it did not bother us at all.

There is a big difference between Teens and Grandparents. Your 18, 19 year old Teens would sleep under the bed if you let them :D Grandparents on the other hand have aches n pains and require more of a restful sleep.

Fred

Fred,

What are you trying to say? I'm in my mid 40s and have 5 grandchildren. Not all of us grandparents are of the ache and pain variety. :D Some of us can even climb bunk bed ladders.

Archived